Options

Remote access policies

royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
From playing around with it, it doesn't seem like remote access policies take effect right away after changing it. I made a custom one and it took around 5+ minutes for it to even start working where my test user could get access to the remote access server. My user is connecting and I completely removed his custom granted policy and now I have the 2 default policies which are set to deny (left them both at default). The active directory dial-in tab has it set to use remote access policy. Why are the users still getting access with the 2 default policies set to deny?

Edit: I just tried again now and now it's restricting the user access. Don't know the the change isn't instantaneous.
“For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks

Comments

• Options
    RZetlinRZetlin Inactive Imported Users Posts: 155
    For group policies the change is not instant. You have to force the updated policies.

In CMD type "gpupdate /force"

Though sometimes this doesn't work. You may end up logging on and off the user account a few times for the change to pick up.
  • Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    But he is not working with group policies, he is working with remote access policies. Otherwise I would have spoken up about that too.