how to config dhcp for MPLS

klez0011klez0011 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
hi, i am novice in MPLSplease help me to config below scenario , i want to config DHCP service on CE router (in picture:: CE2: Customer B )which other CE (like CE1) can get IP address assume that we have different IP rangei want to enable DHCP only on CE router Not on PEif possible please please put me sample config :)DHCP%20Support%20for%20VRF.PNGtnx a lot icon_thumright.gif

Comments

• klez0011klez0011 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    and please see below picture , i cant understand from cisco page(i put link)...how to configure DHCP Server (Right Server) which DHCP Clients(Left side of cloud can get IP address)assume that we have Different IP range .....sorry i say again please if possible put me sample Config.....icon_wink.giflink : IP Addressing: DHCP Configuration Guide, Cisco IOS Release 15SY - Configuring the Cisco IOS DHCP Relay Agent [Support] - Cisco127133.jpg
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    MPLS really has nothing to do with this situation. Do you know how to configure a DHCP server on a different subnet?
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
    MPLS really has nothing to do with this situation. Do you know how to configure a DHCP server on a different subnet?
    thanks for your reply but as Link that i put above how I can configure that? i mean below picture from cisco.comi want to configure for example one cisco router (DHCP server) that other CE router or cleint (like DHCP Client lef side)can get IP in differ subnetd127133.jpg
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Read what is in the little box.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
    Read what is in the little box.
    yes i read that i want to know how to config enable DHCP on CE router that other CE can get an IP
    ok what 's the problem?
    i put you picture ... and said that my problem is same like that and please help icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    Please post your running configs and the steps you have done to get it working.
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
    Dieg0M wrote: »
    Please post your running configs and the steps you have done to get it working.

thank for your reply i havent any config until know i have problem with DHCP i ask question how to alleviate it....
  • dppagcdppagc Member Posts: 293
    Clue:

Step 1 :Create a SVI
    Step 2 : Tag a dhcp pool to the SVI.
    Read your cisco textbook.
  • MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
    Step 1: Crack open an ice cold can of RedBull, and take 7 sips (It does give you wings).
    Step 2: Read into foundation knowledge of DHCP
    Step 3: Take 12.5 more sips of that RedBull, but only 12.5...you don't want to hyperthread your brain.
    Step 4: Read into DHCP relay
    Step 5: Determine if your can of RedBull is half empty or half full, share your determination
    Step 6: Create a DHCP pool on CE2 for network of CE1 LAN
    Step 7: Hollar at the wife that you are nearly out of RedBull, but phrase it as Scotty would emphasize to Kirk how critical the situation is
    Step 8: Apply relay agent (helper-address) to CE1's LAN interface which should be an address on CE2.
    Step 9: Fill your RedBull can back up to the top with Fiji water, but only Fiji...we're not animals here.
    Step 10: Verify clients on LAN of CE1 are completing the DHCP process and receiving an IP address.
    Step 11: Wipe out your lab and repeat steps in order above. Remember that sips will now be n*2 as we've diluted the potency of our RedBull.