Just To Let Every A+ Certification Aspirer Know...

BehnoodBehnood Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Many of you must be thinking about how much time you have left before the A+ Exams are updated. You have until December 31st, 2006 with exceptions if you live in Germany, Ireland, Japan, Korea, South Africa, and the United Kingdom. Click the following link for more information:

http://certification.comptia.org/a/New_A_Calendar.aspx

Comments

• bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    the price as I understand is also going up substantially!
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    the price as I understand is also going up substantially!

Where did you see this information? Do you have a source?
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
    Tcat wrote:
    Ok, TheShadow. Busted completly for rounding numbers. Beginning in Sept 2006, the new A+ progam rolls out. The Essentials test will be a combo of the Existing program, 1 test at $245. The candiate will NOT be A+ certified until they take a 2nd test @ $245. This will be IT Pro OR 2 other tests, @ $245 each. So I lied. It will be $245 x 2, so $490, not $500.

http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=90337#90337

unless his information isnt accurate. but I also asked the manager at the testing center I got my A+ from, and he didnt deny of such a price hike.
  • wwpranmawwpranma Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 116
    Does that apply to the 2003 exam as well?
    Artificial Intelligence is nothing compared to the power of Human Stupidity.
    The price will not apply to 2003 exam...but by the time the price of 2006 exam goes up, you wont be able to take 2003 exams anymore as stated here:
    Behnood wrote:
    Many of you must be thinking about how much time you have left before the A+ Exams are updated. You have until December 31st, 2006 with exceptions if you live in Germany, Ireland, Japan, Korea, South Africa, and the United Kingdom. Click the following link for more information:

http://certification.comptia.org/a/New_A_Calendar.aspx
  • wwpranmawwpranma Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 116
    Well that's a good thing then, because I pretty much have to pass the 2003 exam. I'm not about to go back and relearn everything because they added more material. The way I see it, this is just an entry level certification that everyone who wants a job in the IT busisness kinda needs anyways, but at the same time, it's really up to your goals in life as is. But I'm hardcore studying and I plan on taking this test on Halloween day so that after I pass and I go to my halloween party not dressed up, if anyone asks what I am for halloween, i can tell them I'm the dell guy and show them my passing score. Alot of my friends and family know how much it means to me that I pass this test, so I am not allowing failure to become an option on this one.
    Artificial Intelligence is nothing compared to the power of Human Stupidity.