Options

Passed SYO-401

pho3090pho3090 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All,

Long-time lurker using this site as a great resource for finding study materials, suggestions, etc. to pass the exam. After studying on and off for a few months and finally cracking down over the past 2 weeks I finally passed the SYO-401 with an 833/900 last Friday the 27th.

Wanted to say thanks to all those who contribute to help others in making it easier to find study resources/pass these exams.

The overall content wasn't as hardcore as I thought it would be and the simulations didn't seem as bad, my only issue is wording for some of the questions that kind of throws me off trying to figure out what answer they're exactly looking for.

Either way, I figured I'd share some of the resources I used for studying. I know a lot of people recommend Darril Gibson's book which is great, but I went a different route, but also supplemented with Darril's mobile app as well as the Kindle version of his practice questions which were great:
  • CompTIA Security+ SY0-401 Cert Guide, Deluxe Edition (3rd Edition) by David L. Prowse (this book was great because it came with a CD that had over 700 questions along with simulations and video examples that followed along with the book)
  • Sec+ Mobile App - Darril Gibson
  • CompTIA Security+ Get Certified Get Ahead: SY0-401 Practice Test Questions - Darril Gibson
Hope this helps out and good luck to everyone else.

Comments

• Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! I am always impressed when someone says a long-time lurker, I'd be dying to post something lol. I have to take this exam next march to recert! But good job!
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    kevluck373kevluck373 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Has anyone used proprofs.com? I've been studying w/ Darrell Gibson & CertMaster & do fairly well, but I just started w/ prpprofs & the questions are very hard; so far at least.icon_rolleyes.gif

Thanks
  • Options
    H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on passing your Sec+ exam!
  • Options
    mstd0nmstd0n Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nicely done pho3090!
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    slee335slee335 Member Posts: 124
    Congrats just passed myself