Passed Security+ CertMaster

IpSecIpSec Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just wanted to let everyone know since I have not seen any reviews on the Comptia CertMaster product. I passed with a 830/900 using this product, and nothing else. Although it is an expensive product to buy It really does help you understand the topics and even if you complete the entire thing you can go back through it. For those that have other certs, at the end of the training you receive a 10 hour continuing education certificate to apply elsewhere.

Hope this might help someone looking at CertMaster.

Comments

• psheehan5psheehan5 Member Posts: 80 ■■■□□□□□□□
    IpSec,
    Thanks for posting that. I was curious about it and may try it in the future.
  • jacksonw2jacksonw2 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes IPSec, Thx again 4 posting. You only used Sec+ CertMaster???

I too, have the Sec+ CertMaster; however I am concerned about the Performance-based sims on the test.
    I haven't seen those in CertMaster, Am I correct?
    Also, would you recommend CertMaster for Net+?

Jax
  • OhsupOhsup Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just wanted to add I used certmaster to pass the 401. I really enjoyed using certmaster as the style of learning is more involved than just reading and remembering. My only issue with the 401 was several of the additional learning sections were left blank. Now I did use professor messers videos, and his study guide before starting certmaster. I was a little disappointed after the exam as every cryptography question I seen involved material not covered with certmaster, and had I not used professor messer I would have been at a loss. I think with the updates certmaster is definitely going to be worth the money, but I would not pay $140 for it again in its current state.
  • SystemErrorOneSystemErrorOne Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ive been looking all over online to buy the security+ voucher and I stumbled upon the "CompTIA Security+ Deluxe Bundle" which includes of course 1 voucher to take the exam and comes with cermaster to help you study and a "Free" re-take incase you dont pass the first time.

I just want to know if its really worth $367 before I purchase it, because I could just buy the $249 security + voucher without the bundle and save myself some money. What do you guys think ?
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • JohnLJohnL Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just took the Net+ today and passed mainly using the certmaster program. I did like the way it taught me but in the simulation section of the exam it didn't help me very much. There were several topics that weren't addressed in certmaster so I was kinda thrown off for a few minutes. I would recommend it but not as the only study item. I have the certmaster program for when I take my sec+ but am adding a few additional resources :)
    B.B.A. in Finance - 2007
    A.A.S. in Computer Networking & System Administration - 2014
    M.S. Information Security and Assurance - 2016
    CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, CEH, CHFI, CCNA: Routing & Switching
    Working on CISSP
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • MattyIceVAMattyIceVA Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats and that's good to know! I used the Certmaster to pass A+ and found it extremely helpful in obtaining new info. I was curious if it was helpful for other exams.
  • kevluck373kevluck373 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I posted a thread not too long ago about certmaster. I've bought certmaster that comes w/ 2 test attempts.

I've been using certmaster since November, & so far so good, but I really don't think the test can be on the same level a certmaster is.

Certmaster seems a little too easy--not saying I'll pass though. <<edit - do not ask our members to violate their NDA...question removed>>

What I find most difficult is the compliance & operational security section.

Thanks
  • kylexbluekylexblue Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Looks like I will be purchasing Cert Master to help me study for the Security + Exam.

I passed the free trial version offered on the website & it seemed to be a pretty fun learning resource. :)
  • fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats!
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • guy9guy9 Banned Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations
  • SawedoffSawedoff Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! How long did it take you to go through it?

I've been considering it, I just haven't wanted to waste the money on something that drains my time more than the normal study route.
  • tmcgtmcg Banned Posts: 127
    IpSec wrote: »
    Just wanted to let everyone know since I have not seen any reviews on the Comptia CertMaster product. I passed with a 830/900 using this product, and nothing else. Although it is an expensive product to buy It really does help you understand the topics and even if you complete the entire thing you can go back through it. For those that have other certs, at the end of the training you receive a 10 hour continuing education certificate to apply elsewhere.

Hope this might help someone looking at CertMaster.

Congrats on your pass, how long did you study for?
  • H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing the Sec+!
  • kevluck373kevluck373 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I bought the certmaster package w/ two test retakes & haven't taken the test yet. I've been studying for a while, but reading over the forum a lot of people mention performance questions, and there aren't any performance questions w/ the certmaster material; at least I haven't seen any.

Did you get performance questions from certmaster or somewhere else?

Thanks
  • orlandoflorlandofl Member Posts: 216 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing Security+!! icon_thumright.gif
    • Education: B.A. Criminal Justice - Thomas Edison State University
    • Education: Undergraduate Certificate in Microsoft Server Administration - St. Petersburg College
    • Currently Working On: MCSA - Windows 10
    • Planned Certifications for 2017: MCSE - Mobility
    • Connect With Me On LinkedIn:https://www.linkedin.com/in/travisebyrd
  • nascar_paulnascar_paul Member Posts: 288 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    2017 Goals: 70-411 [X], 74-409 [X], 70-533 [X], VCP5-DCV [], LX0-103 [], LX0-104 []
    "I PLAN to fail!" - No One Ever
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats Great Job.....Im studying for my security + exam as well.
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • m00ndoggm00ndogg Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Aloha everyone...

After reading your comments on the CertMaster Program I decided that I should try it.
    I liked the free trial so...

It is a little pricey at $139 USD, so I searched around and found this discount code that is good for 10% off.
    It is only valid till 9/21/2015, so you gotta hurry...

SW2014CM725534

Enjoy your studies!!
    Smooth sailing!
    ~~~ _/) ~~~~

"...it's not my boat, it's my boss' boat..." (Capt. Ron)
  • RedRangerRedRanger Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for sharing the info. I've been using the Certmaster for the Network+ plan on taking the exam after completing it. Seems like a good and helpful tool. However, will have to wait and see after taking the exam to see how relevant the exam questions are to the Certmaster questions.
  • sheikysheiky Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Can anyone have Certmaster Program promo code for Sec+ ..?
  • The_ExpertThe_Expert Member Posts: 136
    CertMaster is great, but priced a little high in my opinion. It too helped me pass Security+.
    Masters, Public Administration (MPA), Bachelor of Science, 20+ years of technical experience.

Studying on again, off again...
  • tuanp703tuanp703 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    CertMaster was not useful for me at all. I used Darril Gibson's Study guide and practice exam.
  • rDEErDEE Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I started with Mike Meyers' SEC+ book. I am finding some conflicts between CertMaster and the book. I decided to try stick with the CertMASTER study and see how it goes. So far, it has been (about) 5days x3hrs. I have another five days 'til my test. I will update after my test. If I pass, then CertMASTER is worth its $369 to me. I haven't done any diagrams yet. I need to use other resources for that. Peace all!!!
  • hal9k2hal9k2 Member Posts: 77 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I didn't find it useful for Security+ as I also got Darril Gibson book and his premium content, and that was much better comparing to CertMaster.

I also had CertMaster for Linux+ and IMHO it was terrible, but good that it worked for you, as you got nice score.
  • jst688jst688 Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good Evening,
    I am planning on starting on my cert for A+ and thought there was one exam.
    Is there actually 2? 901 and 902, if so does this mean the exam cost is $205 x 2??

If so also what about certmaster? I was going to try that because they have a good deal for that and 2 attempts for 299...

any info would be much helpful!
    Thanks
    Jay Thomas