Options

Cissp requirement question

mimic51mimic51 Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,
I am thinking of obtaining CISSP. But I have a couple of questions if I am eligible to get CISSP. Here are my credentials

-4 year degree - B.A Information Systems in Cyber Security
-3 years in IT field
-6months-Datacenter Technician
-9months-Data Center Site Lead technician for U.S Air Force (Contractor)
-1 year of Desktop Support Tier II for U.S Air Force

-Security + Certified

I just wanted to get some information if I can obtain and will pass the requirement for obtaining CISSP. Any information will be great.

Comments

• Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    mimic51 wrote: »
    Hello,
    I am thinking of obtaining CISSP. But I have a couple of questions if I am eligible to get CISSP. Here are my credentials

-4 year degree - B.A Information Systems in Cyber Security
    -3 years in IT field
    -6months-Datacenter Technician
    -9months-Data Center Site Lead technician for U.S Air Force (Contractor)
    -1 year of Desktop Support Tier II for U.S Air Force

-Security + Certified

I just wanted to get some information if I can obtain and will pass the requirement for obtaining CISSP. Any information will be great.

Your Secruity+ or College degree will remove 1 year from the requirements. You still need 4 years of experience in 2 of the domains. 5 years experience in total. Here are the instructions. https://www.isc2.org/cissp-how-to-certify.aspx
  • Options
    TheProfezzorTheProfezzor Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
    As mentioned earlier, your degree will get your a year's exemption, out of the total 5. I would suggest that you mention your total experience in IT, in detail. If you have been working in any of the 2 domains from the CISSP CBK, you could probably get them validated for the experience requirements. I could help you assess your experience, along with other professionals around here.
    OSCP: Loading . . .