Options

Where to find study materials for the Apple Certs

tjb122982tjb122982 Member Posts: 255 ■■■□□□□□□□
I'm thinking about going for one or two Apple Certs to beef up my breadth. Where would I find study materials? I should note that I do not own nor have access to a Mac at present.

Comments

• Options
    BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    You can download PDFs for two of the Apple certs direct from their website. B&N, Amazon, PeachPit, etc also carry books for their other higher level certs.
  • Options
    tjb122982tjb122982 Member Posts: 255 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Bokeh wrote: »
    You can download PDFs for two of the Apple certs direct from their website. B&N, Amazon, PeachPit, etc also carry books for their other higher level certs.

Cool, thanks for the tip.
  • Options
    ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I downloaded the PDFs for the two "Associate" level exams, because I just bought a Mac for a couple courses I'm pursuing in iOS development. I took the Integration exam recently, and found the study material to be very good for prepwork. It's an online exam, and challenging, but not super difficult. Some of the material is general: things like "What's a POP account in email?" and some is very specific to Macs.

Keep in mind both these "Associate" exams are very basic. However, they are good for some foundational knowledge and vocabulary for Mac systems. At some point I'd like to consider some other Apple certs, just to broaden my knowledge, but for starters these two seem good for getting me familiar with my Macbook quickly.