RHCSA - EX200 - Are you required to take course?

ThechainremainsThechainremains Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
Does anyone know if you are required to take the course from RedHat to get authorization to take the exam. I just visited Prometric & Pearson sites, and neither list the exam at all. When you go directly to redhat it only offers to " Enroll " for the course for $400.

Has anyone taken the exam without taking the course? I also notice to, in my area there is only 1 testing center and the soonest I could take the course (if its required) would not be until April 2015.

Comments

• brownwrapbrownwrap Member Posts: 549
    I would contact Red Hat training directly, that is what I did. I agree, it looks a little confusing, even when I registered for the test at a Kiosk, it mentioned training.
  • kly630kly630 Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    No. I obtained rhcsa without taking any redhat courses. Just the exam. Which is nice cause the courses are really expensive.
  • ThechainremainsThechainremains Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    kly630 wrote: »
    No. I obtained rhcsa without taking any redhat courses. Just the exam. Which is nice cause the courses are really expensive.

When you self-studied and took the exam, did you have to go to the redhat website in order to pay/register and then got scheduled from there? How did it work?
  • MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I know you don't have to take the course to take the exam (although its very beneficial), but I believe you have to register for the exam through Redhat.
  • kly630kly630 Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    When you self-studied and took the exam, did you have to go to the redhat website in order to pay/register and then got scheduled from there? How did it work?
    Yes, i registered with redhat, they eventually sent me a few links to schedule a kiosk exam, and i went from there. I think the website name is examslocal that i eventually scheduled the exam on.