Pass in a month?

hurricane1091hurricane1091 Member Posts: 919 ■■■■□□□□□□
Is it possible to pass both of these in a month? Need to take this for WGU. Previously was able to complete Net+ in a month. Somewhat familiar with Linux, took a Unix class in college. Would be mostly new to me though. Figure I can watch the CBT nuggets in a week and read a book + practice exams the next week, but no idea on the difficulty of this exam.

Comments

• JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It is possible depending on your experience I guess. I was able to pas both exams in a month but I worked with Linux almost every day at work.
  • anoeljranoeljr Member Posts: 278 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I believe you can depending on your experience with the subject matter and how quickly you can learn the material. I passed both tests in 3 months, but I had no prior experience with Linux at all. Make sure you go through LabSim and the book as that helped me out a lot. To me, Linux+ was more difficult than A+, N+, S+ and P+ by far. There's a lot you need to remember for the exams. Good luck.
  • fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It can be done - I passed both tests pretty quickly but I've used Linux for a while. Also, I agree with anoeljr about the difficulty level of Linux+; even with my prior experience, I felt it was right under CASP for toughest CompTIA exam. I actually failed 102 the first time because you need to know everything (fs locations, commands incl. flags/options and best practice with Samba/AD enterprise setup - not to mention network analyzers). Good luck!
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • hurricane1091hurricane1091 Member Posts: 919 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks boys. Probably going to need to give myself 1.5-2 months to pass both honestly. If this was right after I had taken my college class a couple years ago I'd be in the game a little more.
  • GForce75GForce75 Member Posts: 222
    I'm gonna start tackling this next week. I have the CBT Nugget videos for it. My goals is to take in about two... maybe three weeks.
    Doctoral Candidate - BA (33/60hrs) ~ MBA/Project Management ~ BA/Business-IT
  • hurricane1091hurricane1091 Member Posts: 919 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Let me know how it goes!