Options

Passed the CEH v8 today - bit deflated

wearingmyrolexwearingmyrolex Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi All,
I finally passed the CEH exam earlier today with a 94. I have to say, one of the replies to my very 1st post about taking on the CEH was "you'll be amazed at how much prep you have to do compared to the actual exam".

So I studied for approx 3 months, never really feeling confident enough to book the exam and frankly speaking, I walked away from the test center amazed at how easy the exam was.

I think EC-council could probably do with restructuring the exam in order to align it with the materials students have to cover. I would say the reading was a waste however I plan on taking the OSCP in December this year and for sure the materials I've covered will come into play.

Study time - 3 months (busy job, 2 kids)
Materials - AIO + Sybex
Test Questions - AIO Practice Tests + Sybex + Boson

Now on to CISA June seat prior to starting the OSCP which I'm really looking forward to.

Comments

• Options
    thehayn1thehayn1 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That is very refreshing to hear as I am testing next friday. I have studied for 6 weeks on CEH specifically, but I studied for Net+ the whole month of Jan to brush up on my networking skills-passed it in early Feb, studied all of Feb and this month, for CEH and will test next Fri. I also have 12 yrs experience (military) on network security so I feel confident. Thanks for the post!
  • Options
    H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on your CEH, it's on my list eventually, but I'm focusing on my BS IT-Sec now.

Best of luck in your CISA!
  • Options
    DelitorDelitor Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    That's good to hear, I am taking my test on Thursday and i am nervous.
  • Options
    wearingmyrolexwearingmyrolex Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks All. Good luck in your studies folks.
  • Options
    fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! Good luck on CISA and OSCP. Btw, I commend your initiative, path and prerogative - all the best.
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • Options
    MickeyMundayMickeyMunday Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Im happy to hear this... Im taking mine in about 2 to 3 weeks.. So Im starting to get more confident day by day but Im glad you passed! Congrats! and good luck on the CISA!