Starting OSWP 1/30

Blade3DBlade3D Member Posts: 110 ■■■□□□□□□□
I decided to check this out before I begin OSCP, and I currently do more wireless work so may help me more in the immediate future. However, I believe we are going to start offering penetration testing as soon as I complete both of these. I got the materials and videos about a week ago, already 1/2 way through the PDF. I haven't watched any of the videos yet. I'm working on cracking WEP right now. Fairly interesting, and doesn't seem to difficult yet, hoping to finish by the end of February.
Title: Sr. Systems Designer
Degree: B.S. in Computing Science, emphasis Information Assurance
Certifications: CISSP, PSP, Network+, Security+, CySA+, OSWP

Comments

• Blade3DBlade3D Member Posts: 110 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Through 7 chapter of the material, and about 1/5 through the videos. I'm not having any problems with the material yet other then not being able to get enough IVs at some times.
    Jeez it's been over a month since my last post already...

Guide/Material- 100%
    Videos- 66%
    Labs- 15%

I scheduled to take the exam 4/05. I'm going out of town for work and moving at the end of the month so this is going to be hectic but I think I can handle it.
  • EngRobEngRob Member Posts: 247 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck for 4/5
  • 5ekurity5ekurity Member Posts: 346 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck! Having worked through the course more, what is your feeling on the offering / quality of the materials? I know Offensive Security certs are very challenging (and something I will probably one day get into, even though I don't do much Red Team work), but do you feel you are getting out of it what you are putting into it?
    I have a feeling this is MUCH easier then OSCP, but that is why I attempted it first too. I'm glad it's getting me a little more familiar with Kali Linux, using terminal, and their format. I did get stuck on a lab but think it might have something to do with the router, and not what I am doing. There aren't many certs offering the offensive side for wireless. This gives some basics of general wireless technology and how it works, none of which was new to me. The labs are fairly easy, as long as you follow the commands you shouldn't run into too many problems.