CISSP - FAILED with 684

smiahsmiah Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
As the subject states I failed the CISSP today with a 684. Has anyone ever asked for the exam to be re-evaluated and if so has anyone ever had their score changed?

I'm really devastated and was very close to pass mark.

Can someone please share with me some exam papers, i.e Transcender manual or any other advise will be appreciated

Will really appreciate for all helps

Comments

• thehayn1thehayn1 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear man. Where do you feel you fell short on? I have yet to take it, but a lot of my friends who have taken and passed stand by boson.com as their primary resource.
  • dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    please read the "passed" threads on this forum.They will put you on the right path to pass the exam. Dont give up! study and give it another try.
  • mjsinhsvmjsinhsv Member Posts: 167
    Never heard of them reviewing and grade it again.
    Think it's pretty much cut and dry.

I failed with a 649 then studied for 4 hours a day for two weeks and passed.
    You are only one or two questions away so don't give up.
    Review the "passed" posts like beads mentioned.
    You don't have to go deep into the material but you MUST have a firm grasp on the concepts.

Reschedule and take it again before April 15.

Wouldn't be surprised if the test centers are selling out by April 15 so you might want to reserve a seat.

Good Luck !
  • papadocpapadoc Member Posts: 154
    Sorry to hear. I am taking my test on March 28th so we will see what happens but a lot of the test is mental, I've been told so I am telling myself "i will pass, I will pass," while of course studying like hell.

Can you let me know what materials you used and what your background in InfoSec is?

Thanks,
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I failed with 676. We're almost there man.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • GForce75GForce75 Member Posts: 222
    Keep pushing it. Since you were so close to passing, just cover what areas you were weak on. One big thing I noticed is how many of the questions required knowledge of where to be at in certain steps of risk management, BCP and the DR. Without that, it's really hard. I knew about 75 percent of the overall orders within the Shon Harris book.
    Doctoral Candidate - BA (33/60hrs) ~ MBA/Project Management ~ BA/Business-IT
  • Momala2525@gmail.comMomala2525@gmail.com Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Keep trying and schedule before April 15.

You can do it. Determination will pay off.
  • fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear/see about your results. I've had a few failures lately so I feel your pain. Just make it your goal to learn from your mistakes this time - I mean - you barely failed so next time with a lil more studying - BAM - PASS! Just remember, failure is the only recipe for success. You got this!
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
    Ya i knew somebody that a 696, but they are getting right back after it and taking once that 30 day mark passes.
  • MeanandMeanand Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    One of my friends got 697.
    No need to give up.
    Try harder...
    All the best.
    Someone had to get a 699 before. Oh man... it only would make you smarter. Some of taking the test is luck. I reviewed only 30 questions (flagged) and submitted. Who know how that could of worked out if i just submitted it all first hand or reviewed every question. 250 questions and exhaustion play a huge factor.
  • niceguy200458niceguy200458 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes exhaustion does play a role. I think it is important to take at least two 20 min breaks to regain focus and composure.

As far as reviewing goes, I reviewed 70 questions and found some questions much simpler the second time.
    GForce75 wrote: »
    Someone had to get a 699 before. Oh man... it only would make you smarter. Some of taking the test is luck. I reviewed only 30 questions (flagged) and submitted. Who know how that could of worked out if i just submitted it all first hand or reviewed every question. 250 questions and exhaustion play a huge factor.