Options

PMP Application Accepted

TheProfezzorTheProfezzor Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
Well, I just got the email for my PMP application. It has been accepted by PMI and I am good to go for PMP. Any suggestions, before I dive into Rita's world of processes, charts, formulas? I plan to pull this off, in the 3 months. How feasible is that?
OSCP: Loading . . .

Comments

• Options
    fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well, I just got the email for my PMP application. It has been accepted by PMI and I am good to go for PMP. Any suggestions, before I dive into Rita's world of processes, charts, formulas? I plan to pull this off, in the 3 months. How feasible is that?

Very feasible - my friend did it in a couple months. He said it was pretty tough though; many formulas and definitions you have to know cold.
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • Options
    akbar.azwirakbar.azwir Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It's feasible. You might also want to read PMP Head First for easy read and understanding the pmbok. Please focus on understanding the purpose of the processes and their ITTO and the linkage and inter dependencies between the processes instead of wasting your time on trying to memorize them.

Good luck.

Be sure to check out the PERT Calculator and Earned Value Calculator at my site.
  • Options
    GForce75GForce75 Member Posts: 222
    He is correct. PMP Head start is great. There is also a PMP CBT Nuggets video series (excellent). Not enough to help you pass, but really touches on areas you may have over looked. I have a buddy who is trying to take the test next week and has studied for only about 4 weeks. I'll let you know how he does.
    Doctoral Candidate - BA (33/60hrs) ~ MBA/Project Management ~ BA/Business-IT
  • Options
    SuperLT09SuperLT09 Member Posts: 31 ■□□□□□□□□□
    VERY FEASIBLE!!!! The test will be filled with most RISK/QUALITY KNOWLEDGE AREA Questions; make sure you know those processes and how the ITTOs are used. Good luck my friend!
    2018 Goals: CISSP (JUNE), MSCA Server 2016 (SEPTEMBER), CISM (DECEMBER), Need to learn Linux and Python

2019 Goals: OSCP, Transferring to the Army Cyber Branch