Options

unable to ping router

klez0011klez0011 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
hi i have 1 issue in Basic MPLS scenario that i pit for you please help me i config all router completely but there is 1 problem thateven i type:show ip route on any CE router it show all route from all protocols and ospf area but even i ping other CE i cant get any replyi wondered ! what's the problem?for example CE router(MY_IST)can get all route from MY_IZM but cant ping thati put image and gns3 fileDOWNLODA link 1:http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=07163790217374781416link 2 :http://www.freeuploadsite.com/do.php?id=67589

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Is there a route back on the other side?
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    Is there a route back on the other side?
    thank you for your reply
    what you mean by route back?
  • Options
    jdballingerjdballinger Member Posts: 252
    Check the route table on the destination router, make sure it has a route back to the source router.
  • Options
    Check the route table on the destination router, make sure it has a route back to the source router.

yes i cheched it,it has all route that other CE router has icon_sad.gificon_sad.gificon_sad.gif
    please see below picture

1.png 19.5K
    2.png 17.5K
  • Options
    _Gonzalo__Gonzalo_ Member Posts: 113
    I´d advise basic trobleshooting first...
    You are trying to ping MY_IST from MY_IZM. Have you tried traceroute? Have you tried pinging to closer locations? ie. PE2_AS1

With the information you show it is not possible to know where the fault is... First find the device that is not functioning properly and then check it.
  • Options
    kornuskornus Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    HI,
    Can you show us output from "sh interfaces" command on both ends?

Have you fixed this connection? What was wrong?
  • Options
    HeeroHeero Member Posts: 486
    klez0011 wrote: »
    yes i cheched it,it has all route that other CE router has icon_sad.gificon_sad.gificon_sad.gif
    please see below picture

You aren't considering the SOURCE address on the echo-request (ping) packet.