I emerge victorious over the 70-410

Very difficult exam. I've worked with this stuff for years and still have toruble wrapping my brain around some of it.

I recommend Mastering Windows 2012 R2. The MS exam guides would be good for someone who is coming in without any knowledge of MS servers at all, but wouldn't let you pass the test.

Labbing helped me a lot. I found out more by crashing and destroying test domains than from the MS guides. Pluralsight had some nice videos, so did Youtube for that matter. I've used Youtube to get some insight into setting things up for production.

I've gotten some bootcamp training too. Which is good because a classroom takes me away from distractions, and had a good instructor.

Comments

• ed_003ed_003 Member Posts: 216
    congrats... as far as the book do u read and takes notes or just read?
  • WagnaardWagnaard Member Posts: 124
    I read. I look up things I have trouble with on the Internet to get more detailed (or just alternative, sometiimes hearing it put a different way helps) descriptions.

Also, I like practice tests. Transcender and Measureup were both helpful. If nothing else it shows me how much I don't know.
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • bohackbohack Member Posts: 114
    Congratulations! now off to the 70-411

NetworkedMinds - http://www.youtube.com/networkedminds
    MCSA / MCSE Educational Channel
  • Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on passing the exam... good luck on the 70-411
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • knownheroknownhero Member Posts: 450
    Congrats on the pass!

I passed today (12/03/2015).
    70-410 [x] 70-411 [x] 70-462[x] 70-331[x] 70-332[x]
    MCSE - SharePoint 2013 :thumbup:

Road map 2017: JavaScript and modern web development

• rejazrejaz Member Posts: 44 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How many questions were there on the exam 40 or 50?

Congrats on the pass btw!
  • knownheroknownhero Member Posts: 450
    rejaz wrote: »
    How many questions were there on the exam 40 or 50?

Congrats on the pass btw!

I had 40 questions on my test.
    70-410 [x] 70-411 [x] 70-462[x] 70-331[x] 70-332[x]
    MCSE - SharePoint 2013 :thumbup:

Road map 2017: JavaScript and modern web development

• Ugly-051Ugly-051 Member Posts: 63 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wagnaard wrote: »
    Very difficult exam. I've worked with this stuff for years and still have toruble wrapping my brain around some of it.

I recommend Mastering Windows 2012 R2. The MS exam guides would be good for someone who is coming in without any knowledge of MS servers at all, but wouldn't let you pass the test.

Labbing helped me a lot. I found out more by crashing and destroying test domains than from the MS guides. Pluralsight had some nice videos, so did Youtube for that matter. I've used Youtube to get some insight into setting things up for production.

I've gotten some bootcamp training too. Which is good because a classroom takes me away from distractions, and had a good instructor.

It's harder than what you'd expect, I passed last year. Good effort!