Passed 412.......

pjd007pjd007 Member Posts: 277 ■■■□□□□□□□
MCSA done ! :)

Scored 900, 41 questions and I thought there were a few questions which could easily have been covered in 410 or 411.

This one took me nearly 6wks due to not being able to get the study done some days (I do 2-4hr 5-6 days per week) but I'm going to push myself on the next two exams because I want this MCSE done ASAP, then I want to be doing SCCM & MCSE private cloud.

So onto 413 now, if anyone has any tips on this one let me know.

Thanks.

Comments

• Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well congrats !!!!!!
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • cs8400cs8400 Member Posts: 90 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Rocket-sGRocket-sG Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! It must feel good to hold the title now of MCSA.

So how long did it take you TOTAL to pass all 3 exams from day one until now?
  • pjd007pjd007 Member Posts: 277 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Rocket-sG wrote: »
    Congratulations! It must feel good to hold the title now of MCSA.

So how long did it take you TOTAL to pass all 3 exams from day one until now?
    I started studying for 410 just over a year ago but after a couple of fails I had a few months off then got back to it in october, I passed 410 at the end of nov and 411 at the end jan with an xmas break in the middle.

I think now I found a method of studying that works for me and I also think I'm more comfortable doing the exams, also I think 12-18 months ago when R2 content was introduced into the exams there was a period where the study materials just weren't up to it for 410 so that obviously didn't help.

IMO if you can do 2-4hrs per day then you can be ready for an exam in 4-6 weeks.
  • WagnaardWagnaard Member Posts: 124
    Taking it in a few days. Not confident. Thank goodness for that Second Shot. I guess.

Congrats old fellow.
  • VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    pjd007 wrote: »
    I started studying for 410 just over a year ago but after a couple of fails I had a few months off then got back to it in october, I passed 410 at the end of nov and 411 at the end jan with an xmas break in the middle.

I think now I found a method of studying that works for me and I also think I'm more comfortable doing the exams, also I think 12-18 months ago when R2 content was introduced into the exams there was a period where the study materials just weren't up to it for 410 so that obviously didn't help.

IMO if you can do 2-4hrs per day then you can be ready for an exam in 4-6 weeks.

Good for you! Persistence pays off.
  • bohackbohack Member Posts: 114
    I strongly recommend the MCSE private cloud although if you are looking for a career in virtualization... I also recommend some reading EMC Information Storage Management first so that you can understand storage and the goals of storage in a clustered environment. Also high on my reading is the CCNA Datacenter Book. However it seems if you've passed the 70-410, 70-411 and 70-412 you have two more tests for MCSE Server Infrastructure. So you may want to evaluate that first. Congratulation on the MCSA.

NetworkedMinds - http://www.youtube.com/networkedminds
    MCSA / MCSE Educational Channel
  • Ugly-051Ugly-051 Member Posts: 63 ■■■□□□□□□□
    pjd007 wrote: »
    MCSA done ! :)

Scored 900, 41 questions and I thought there were a few questions which could easily have been covered in 410 or 411.

This one took me nearly 6wks due to not being able to get the study done some days (I do 2-4hr 5-6 days per week) but I'm going to push myself on the next two exams because I want this MCSE done ASAP, then I want to be doing SCCM & MCSE private cloud.

So onto 413 now, if anyone has any tips on this one let me know.

Thanks.

Would you say the 711 is more difficult? I understand 412 covers redundancy and larger environments.
  • WagnaardWagnaard Member Posts: 124
    Fail over clusters, Hyper-V clusters, and network load balancers.
  • pjd007pjd007 Member Posts: 277 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ugly-051 wrote: »
    Would you say the 711 is more difficult? I understand 412 covers redundancy and larger environments.
    It's hard to say really, I found getting my head around topics such as NPS tricky in terms of answering the questions as you have to know what to configure for various different scenarios but 412 I think is quite challenging because the amount of topics covered.

IMO the MCSA exams are all difficult in there own ways and for me getting 410 completed was probably the most difficult as I had a couple of fails which obviously sets you back.