Options

WGU: UBC1 (Physics) Notes

srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
Thought I would upload my notes for UBC1 on here. Hopefully they will help anyone who has this GE class as part of their curriculum. I found this class to be quite difficult, as physics is not one of my strong suits. Keep in mind these notes aren't completely comprehensive, so you should still read the e-book and complete the interactive learning modules.

http://www.filedropper.com/physicsnotes

I don't know how long File Dropper files stay valid, so I recommend you go ahead and download these notes and save them for future reference if you will be completing UBC1 in the future.
WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)

Comments

• Options
    WolvendeerWolvendeer Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I didn't have to take this class, but this is a pretty nice set of notes. Thanks for posting this.
  • Options
    MauiMaui Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    srabiee wrote: »
    Thought I would upload my notes for UBC1 on here. Hopefully they will help anyone who has this GE class as part of their curriculum. I found this class to be quite difficult, as physics is not one of my strong suits. Keep in mind these notes aren't completely comprehensive, so you should still read the e-book and complete the interactive learning modules.

http://www.filedropper.com/physicsnotes

I don't know how long File Dropper files stay valid, so I recommend you go ahead and download these notes and save them for future reference if you will be completing UBC1 in the future.

Im taking an Intro to Physics course at another school and your notes were so well done they helped me! Nice job and thanks!
  • Options
    datschmodatschmo Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Perfect timing srabiee! I'm just finishing up the Physics Lab course (UBT1) and Physics (UBC1) is next. Thanks for sharing, well put together icon_thumright.gif

Do you have notes from Biology (CDC1)? :D
  • Options
    I don't, sorry. I hand scribbled my Biology notes and discarded them after the exam.
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • Options
    kajakkajak Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for this. I am taking Physics next once I finish Statistics so this will be helpful.
  • Options
    NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    How much time did you spend studying for this and how difficult did you find the exam? Was it comparable to the pre-exam for you?
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Options
    6 weeks. The exam was harder than the pre-exam. I found this class quite difficult.

• Options
    Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    whoa. I'm not even in WGU or need a physics class anymore but read through most of it.
    Good Stuff!
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • Options
    NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    This note package was outstanding, thank you!
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Options
    Glad to hear these notes have helped a few people. icon_study.gif

• Options
    ksijurksijur Member Posts: 89 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Could you reupload it, please? there seems to be no file at that link anymore :S
    thx :)
  • Options
    Ok should be fixed now.

• Options
    ksijurksijur Member Posts: 89 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thank you kindly, good sir :)
  • Options
    ProcopiusProcopius Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    srabiee,

Thanks, you have saved me the trouble of creating my own. It has been thirty years since I have dealt with physics but passed the preassessment. Have scheduled my exam for Monday and will review over the weekend.

Cheers
  • Options
    jillii1jillii1 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi, I was wondering if you could send me the notes or re-post them again? I am currently taking this course and looking for another study option before the assessment. Having problems with the equations mostly... were their a lot in the final?
  • Options
    Ok the file has been re-uploaded. The link should be fixed now.

• Options
    jillii1jillii1 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank-you so much!icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    RanjieRanjie Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Would it be possible for you to upload the file again if you still have your notes?
  • Options
    Ok should work now.

• Options
    RanjieRanjie Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you very much. These are very helpful.
  • Options
    dmbrundage88dmbrundage88 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Do you still have this physics study information? I'm starting the course now and it would be super helpful. Thanks.
  • Options
    Sure. I just fixed the link for you.

• Options
    wogmailwogmail Member Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
    So WGU recently combined the UBC1 and lab into one class called C164. I had transferred in the lab for UBC1, so I didn't want to take the new class only to have to retake the lab. I had been working on the prep materials and pre-assessments for C164 which I had been informed would be the same as UBC1. I just had my mentor AS in UBC1 so I could take the old version, etc. Long story short, I just took the pre-assessment for UBC1 and found that it gave me all of the formulas I needed on each problem. The pre-assessment for C164 required you to know these formulas. As I will be taking the exam for UBC1 shortly, can anyone advise me as to whether or not the formulas are included in the questions for UBC1, or if they will need to be memorized? I have already put out an email to my mentor, but I was hoping to get a quicker answer from someone who has taken the test. Sorry for the long post.
  • Options
    myworldmyworld Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    wogmail wrote: »
    So WGU recently combined the UBC1 and lab into one class called C164. I had transferred in the lab for UBC1, so I didn't want to take the new class only to have to retake the lab. I had been working on the prep materials and pre-assessments for C164 which I had been informed would be the same as UBC1. I just had my mentor AS in UBC1 so I could take the old version, etc. Long story short, I just took the pre-assessment for UBC1 and found that it gave me all of the formulas I needed on each problem. The pre-assessment for C164 required you to know these formulas. As I will be taking the exam for UBC1 shortly, can anyone advise me as to whether or not the formulas are included in the questions for UBC1, or if they will need to be memorized? I have already put out an email to my mentor, but I was hoping to get a quicker answer from someone who has taken the test. Sorry for the long post.

wogmail :- Where you able to take C164 exam? and can you share some more detail about it as if it matched the pre-assessment or not?
    I am also working on C164 and i am having hard time in physics.
    So If you can give me any detail about exam and how it is formatted then it will be helpful.

Is the pre-ass and actual exam have lots of question on formulas and is the all exam about solving the problems? Is there anything on Theory?

Physics is not my strong subject so i am little worried for it.

So any information you can give me in preparing for this class and exam then it will be very helpful.

Thank you
  • Options
    wogmailwogmail Member Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
    So apparently they JUST modified the exams (UBC1 and C164) to include all of the formulas in line with the questions. This should make things a lot easier if you know basic algebra. I will be taking the exam shortly, I have submitted it to scheduling. There is theory on the pre-assessment, a lot of discussion about basic scientific method and theories/laws. The math stuff should be the simple part, since you can use a calculator and they are now providing formulas.
  • Options
    GSXR750K2GSXR750K2 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    wogmail wrote: »
    So apparently they JUST modified the exams (UBC1 and C164) to include all of the formulas in line with the questions. This should make things a lot easier if you know basic algebra. I will be taking the exam shortly, I have submitted it to scheduling. There is theory on the pre-assessment, a lot of discussion about basic scientific method and theories/laws. The math stuff should be the simple part, since you can use a calculator and they are now providing formulas.

I too have heard that formulas make up about a third of the exam now. I'd be interested to know your impression of the exam, I've got the Java (C169) objective exam this week and I'm hoping to tackle C164's exam a couple of weeks after that. I still need to come up with some idea of what to do for task 2 on that as well.

-EDIT-

If it's not too much trouble for the OP, could you repost those notes again somewhere (link says they don't exist now)? I really enjoy Physics and your notes seem popular, so I would like to glance over them.
  • Options
    The link is still working for me. Try it again.

• Options
    GSXR750K2GSXR750K2 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    srabiee wrote: »
    The link is still working for me. Try it again.

It appears to be related to the operator error code ID10T...I didn't check out the page closely enough. :) Many thanks.
  • Options
    divinestrikerdivinestriker Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■■□□□□□□□
    sabriee, would you mind re-uploading your notes? Thank you.
  • Options
    Ok should be working now.