Options

Passed 70-417 2nd Shot needed.

ChitownjediChitownjedi Member Posts: 578 ■■■■■□□□□□
Hello all,

After studying for 4 months I have passed the 70-417. I failed the first attempt a month ago with a 669 or something in the 411 portion.

Re read all my material and double read the stuff I was weak in and passed with 820. Second shot came in handy.. take advantage. The exam is a beast and covers a ton, take full advantage of learning objectives, labbing, labbing, and giving it a good shot.

Comments

• Options
    pandiculatorpandiculator Member Posts: 44 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations, that's one tough exam; so many questions!.

I failed it in December - got 900 on the 410 but only 608 and 639 on the 412/411 sections. Going to have another bash at it in a few weeks' time.
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    niles312niles312 Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass, this certainly appears to be one of the tougher Microsoft exams. Will be taking mine in a week.

How is the exam timed, x amount of mins per section? Also, approx how many questions did you encounter in each part?
  • Options
    pandiculatorpandiculator Member Posts: 44 ■■■□□□□□□□
    When I took it in December the sections were not timed individually. Like most exams, you cannot review a section once you decide to move on to the next one. Interestingly, my December appointment was 150 minutes and my next one is 180 minutes. I wonder if they're allowing extra time due to the number of questions. The exam had 80-90 questions; typical exams have 40-60, so this is a lot more.
  • Options
    ChitownjediChitownjedi Member Posts: 578 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Thanks all,

Between 80-90 questions, about 150 mins for me.

Buddy of mine is working on a side project to upgrade from 2003 to 2012 for a small business. He called me and I told him right on time.. should be fun.