CISSP - Need your advice please!

abhroabhro Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Dear Friends
My name is Abhrajit Das. Just joined this forum. Very excited to take on some certifications in near future.
I am in IT field for over 15 years in various capacities. Been there as programmer, IT admin, Systems analyst etc. Thinking to do career switch. Planning to go for CISSP and CISA.
Looking for your expert opinions and suggestions please. I dont have enough professional experience on security side of it, So
1. what are my chances being accepted for the certification. Could someone who has sort of "been there, done that" share your views pelase.
2. If I cant be accepted because of my lack of experience on security field, what are the options do I have? Can I achieve the certification at all?

I know it may sound trivial but really need your suggestion to take the first step forward. I am inspired by all those people who post their success. Great job guys! Need you help now.
Thanks a lot.

-Abhrajit

Comments

• niceguy200458niceguy200458 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    While people are here to help you, remember the person who can help you the most is yourself !

Take some time and read the various threads and the ISC2 website to check criteria for qualification for CISSP and CISA.
  • k3rberosk3rberos Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If you read a CISSP book, I'm sure you'll find that you have experience in a lot of the domains. As a programmer, IT admin, Systems analyst. I'm almost certain you'll be accepted.
  • k3rberosk3rberos Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Also if you don't have the experience, you can take the past and pass. Once you pass you'll be an "associate to ISC2" and from there you'll have a certain amount of years to gain the InfoSec experience.
  • abhroabhro Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks so much k3rberos and niceguy200458.
    Yes, I am definitely going to go though various threads in this forum and follow the invaluable contributions of the members.
    -AD
  • GForce75GForce75 Member Posts: 222
    From what you mentioned, you should be able to be recommended based on your experiences. Just be humble and pretend like you know nothing when you start learning the material. It prevents you from overlooking certain aspects of the test.
    Doctoral Candidate - BA (33/60hrs) ~ MBA/Project Management ~ BA/Business-IT