Options

SIP Preconditions and/or RSVP-enabled Locations

negru_tudornegru_tudor Member Posts: 473 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

Just wrapping up the CIPT2 section on RSVP (locations or intercluster SIP Preconditions) and was wondering are people using this kind of stuff in production? RSVP locations somehow make a bit more sense though but seeing how SIP Preconditions tackle intercluster calls and is mainly a Cisco-only thing, I was wondering how big/relevant they really are out in the field...not asking for confirmation to skip the section :D (already wrapped it up) but just for my own info.

Thanks.
2017-2018 goals:
[X] CIPTV2 300-075
[ ] SIP School SSCA
[X] CCNP Switch 300-115 [X] CCNP Route 300-101 [X] CCNP Tshoot 300-135
[ ] LPIC1-101 [ ] LPIC1-102 (wishful thinking)

Comments

• Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    Things like this are only common in large enterprises(50K and up). I have done it in some smaller instances where we had T1 lines and we had to control how many TEHO calls came back into the US and the country in question. Both of these require a army of nerds on staff like I mentioned before, but well worth if you see yourself running into capacity problems.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    negru_tudornegru_tudor Member Posts: 473 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yeap..very handy if you put it that way though. Man, CIPT2 is a LOT of work...jeeezzz..
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA
    [X] CCNP Switch 300-115 [X] CCNP Route 300-101 [X] CCNP Tshoot 300-135
    [ ] LPIC1-101 [ ] LPIC1-102 (wishful thinking)