Destroyed by 413

The skies opened and Rained fire. FIRE.

A very challenging exam. Rote memorization will not suffice. While knowing a bunch of tech specs will help at points, it will not really avail you in the case studies. I've got nothing really by way of advice. Prayer? Strong drink? Its very disheartening.

Comments

• it2bit2b Member Posts: 117
    Sorry to hear that. I plan on taking this next month. It will be my first exam with case studies. Nervous about that.

What did you use to prepare? I have been mostly using the MS Official Academic Course book.
    http://www.amazon.com/Designing-Implementing-Infrastructure-Microsoft-Official/dp/1118789180/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1426815733&sr=8-2&keywords=70-413
  • pjd007pjd007 Member Posts: 277 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm watching the CBT's at the moment and to be honest I was thinking this exam might be easier than some of the previous ones as I thought maybe the scenario based questions (I'm presuming that's what I'll see in the test) may be less tricky

I plan to book the exam for a couple of weeks time and try to get more study in per day (aiming for 4-6hrs) with a view to utilising the 2nd shot if need be.

Any advise on how to better prepare, I'm using CBT's, exam ref and technet plus labbing ?
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I feel your pain there. I went through the Technet articles in detail several times to get me through this one and labbed IPAM a lot (my weakest area by far having never used it). To be honest, I just got through thanks to several 'Hail Mary's' in the exam and even though I passed it I felt deflated at the end.

Keep practicing, then practice and read up again and you'll be OK. I didn't rate the 70-413 MS Press book at all. Good luck
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • WagnaardWagnaard Member Posts: 124
    So, its basically taking everything that was in the 410-412 and expanding on it. You'll need to seriously know real life applications for all the things. Or rather: the Microsoft way of using it in real life applications.

The MS Press books aren't gonna be enough to get a pass on this. technet, books like Windows Server Inside and Out (both volumes) and some specialty reading on Active Directory and Windows networking (DNS, DHCP, etc).

Out of eveyrone at my bootcamp who took it only one person passed.
    Wagnaard wrote: »
    So, its basically taking everything that was in the 410-412 and expanding on it. You'll need to seriously know real life applications for all the things. Or rather: the Microsoft way of using it in real life applications.

The MS Press books aren't gonna be enough to get a pass on this. technet, books like Windows Server Inside and Out (both volumes) and some specialty reading on Active Directory and Windows networking (DNS, DHCP, etc).

Out of eveyrone at my bootcamp who took it only one person passed.
    How many people ?

How many days/hours study do you do at those boot camps ?

Not sounding promising ! icon_silent.gif
    This boot camp wasn't all that great. Maybe 4-5 hours a day over a week.

I retook it today and got a 700, so at least its done. One more to go.
    This boot camp wasn't all that great. Maybe 4-5 hours a day over a week.

I retook it today and got a 700, so at least its done. One more to go.
    Congrats

Perfect score ! :)

Without breaking the NDA any advice you can give for the exam ?
    Study design standards for Active Directory. Learn how to set up or redesign an infrastructure from teh ground up. Say for a large company with several divisions scattered around the world. Know how AD and Windows networking work together to tie things together.
    Study design standards for Active Directory. Learn how to set up or redesign an infrastructure from teh ground up. Say for a large company with several divisions scattered around the world. Know how AD and Windows networking work together to tie things together.
    Thanks

I was hoping these last two exams may be slightly easier but it's not looking that way !
    Yeah, no such luck.