Options

Passed Today

mataimatai Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
I passed the CISSP exam today, already submitted for endorsing assistance. I started studying 1/27/15 so I spent about 50 days studying. This is what I did:

Read Darril Gibson Sybex CISSP book and did practice tests in book
Watched corresponding CBT Nuggets videos
Spent a week getting my employer to pay for the exam and slacked
Read Shon Harris AIO book doing practice tests in book
Worked Total Tester practice tests while reading AIO book
Listened to Shon Harris audio in the car (surprisingly helpful)
Crammed the last day/morning using the Sunflower and Tech Exams notes

I passed the Security+, SSCP and CCNA Security the first have of last year and thought those were helpful.

One surprising thing of note was that I finished the WGU BS IT Security program in December and I thought the overall program was actually really helpful with the CISSP. Most of the material was not a surprise due to the previously studied topics through WGU.

The test itself was very draining, I spent about 4 hours on it. I heard a lot of different strategies but I ended up just going through all the questions then going through all of them again.
Current: CISM, CISA, CISSP, SSCP, GCIH, GCWN, C|EH, VCP5-DCV, VCP5-DT, CCNA Sec, CCNA R&S, CCENT, NPP, CASP, CSA+, Security+, Linux+, Network+, Project+, A+, ITIL v3 F, MCSA Server 2012 (70-410, 70-411, 74-409), 98-349, 98-361, 1D0-610, 1D0-541, 1D0-520
In Progress: ​Not sure...

Comments

• Options
    Spin LockSpin Lock Member Posts: 142
    Congrats on passing. You appear to have gone into the exam well prepared. Do you think your CISSP study material would have been enough to pass the exam or was your WGU course work also required as a "compensating control" ?
  • Options
    ChuzpahChuzpah Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

I have spent at least that much time studying since the beginning of the year and still don't feel ready! icon_rolleyes.gif I've scheduled my exam for the 14th. I've watched the CBTNuggets videos twice and I found that Pluralsight has a course on the environment security domain that is better than the CBTNuggets. I'm also using the Shon Harris book (big and practice exams) as well as the 11th hour and just bought the Official ISC2 book as well. I have yet to try a practice exam (other than the books) but I might give the Transcender exams a try since they are included with the CBTNuggets subscription.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    MeanandMeanand Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing.
  • Options
    dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats...well done
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□