220-602, 220-603

bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
Anyone thinking about upgrading their current A+ to either one of these?

I like how they are seperating onsite PC techs. from the remote helpdesk-type PC techs. I'm thinking about getting both once I get my Network+....hehe

Anyone know if I will get 2 seperate certificates with the designation on them?
Jack of all trades, master of none

Comments

• Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I wouldn't waste my time or money paying Comptia for a cert I already have.........a good tech shouldbe able to do both onsite and remote. Now to be "certified" for both, it costs more....not for me.....
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    Ricka182 wrote:
    I wouldn't waste my time or money paying Comptia for a cert I already have.........a good tech shouldbe able to do both onsite and remote. Now to be "certified" for both, it costs more....not for me.....

well....I am assuming you're been in the field for awhile...and I see that you have quite a few cert. already....so you probably have lots of experience already...but for me...I'm still in school, figuring out what kind of jobs I would like to land...
    Ricka182 wrote:

well....I am assuming you're been in the field for awhile...and I see that you have quite a few cert. already....so you probably have lots of experience already...but for me...I'm still in school, figuring out what kind of jobs I would like to land...

It's tough to choose onsite or remote, as both are important. I suppose in the future, assistance and maintenance will more remotely managed, but there always has to be someone to occasionally physically manage the machines.

As for my certs...well, it may look pretty, but it still hasn't landed me a true IT job, yet. The battle rages on and on.......
  • bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    Ricka182 wrote:
    As for my certs...well, it may look pretty, but it still hasn't landed me a true IT job, yet. The battle rages on and on.......

You have more or less what I am pursuing....
    question about your CST and CNST, did you join the rollover from studyexam4less? I'm waiting for mine to come in the mail. Have you had to maintain your membership yet?
    Yes, I did the rollover. I haven't had to do anything with them, except update my resume. I also received the cert kit. One for each, just a certificate, Id card, big sticker, and that's it I think....
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Anyone thinking about upgrading their current A+ to either one of these?

There is not such a thing as an "Upgrade" for the A+.

You are either A+ Certified or you are not.

;)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?