Auto-Java update even when the system is not connected to the Internet

ankurj.hazarikaankurj.hazarika Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
Team,

My system pops up an auto java update even when the system is connected to the internet? Should there be any concerns surrounding this? Please let me know.

Thanks,
Ankur

Comments

• NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Hello,

You can run through the prompts on this website listed to verify that you have the latest version of java.

Verify Java and Find Out-of-Date Versions

Check to ensure that you have the recommended version of Java installed on your Windows computer and identify any versions that are out of date and should be uninstalled.

Verify Java Version

Also, you can up java from this website as well.
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • ankurj.hazarikaankurj.hazarika Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    No my question was- Is it even possible that these Java updates pop up even when I am not connected to the Internet. Where do these updates reside? They are popping up on my system even when I am not connected to the network.
  • ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you connect to the internet at all, Java will check for an update. Once it knows that there is an update available, it will let you know (pop-up window), even when off line. You would obviously need to reconnect to the internet to do the update.
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
  • ScrawnyRonnieScrawnyRonnie Member Posts: 112
    ^ That.
    If you want it to stop, you can configure Java to not check for updates automatically.
    :lol:
  • JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ^ That.
    If you want it to stop, you can configure Java to not check for updates automatically.

^ I believe there's also a task that runs on startup so you could also check this in Task Scheduler.