Options

LX0-101 type part, some doubts !!

elBielaselBielas Registered Users Posts: 2 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi IT guys icon_smile.gif I am studying to get Comptia Linux+ certification. I have some doubts about the part of exam that have to type the commands.

- Examples

Q. What command with all options and/or parameters will send the signal USR1 to any executing process of program apache2?
A. killall -s SIGUSR1 apache2, killall -s USR1 apache2,killall -SIGUSR1 apache2,killall -USR1 apache2

I have to put all commands? Split by commas¿?

Q.
In which directory must definition files be placed to add additional repositories to yum?
A. /etc/yum.repos.d,/etc/yum.repos.d/,yum.repos.d,yum.repos.d/

I think the correct answer is /etc/yum.repos.d/ Why in the ******** put 4 options?

Q.
An administrator has sent their current vi process with a PID of 1423 to the background on the command line. Assuming no other processes are in the background, what single command with no options or parameters will bring the vi process to the foreground?
A. %1,fg

I think the correct answer is fg, why put two option? %1,fg???

Q. Which command will display messages from the kernel that were output during the normal bootup sequence? (Please enter only a single command and do not enter duplicate answers in this field.)
A. /bin/dmesg,dmesg

I've tried both and they work fine, the correct I think is dmesg

My doubts are if in the exam I have to put all the option or only one....

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    elBielaselBielas Registered Users Posts: 2 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nobody??? icon_cheers.gif

Cheers
  • Options
    freehunterfreehunter Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just finished the 101 test this morning, and every fill-in-the-blank question I had was along the lines of "enter the command with no arguments or options". So if they asked about the kernel ring buffer, the answer was dmesg. No arguments, options, or flags.

I think in your examples, they are listing possible right answers. For example, if you run whereis demesg, it tells you dmesg is in /bin/dmesg. Running either the command 'dmesg' or the full path to the command '/bin/dmesg/', either of those would work so they are both correct answers.
  • Options
    E_ITE_IT Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Took 101 today and made a 760. The fill in the blanks were definitely a tad confusing on how they would be scored. IMO i think there are several correct answers for some of them and you just need to put one to get credit. ie, yum.repos.d or dmesg. It will specify if it wants a full path or just the command itself or a simple directory of where xxxx can be found. In fact I think it specifically says just put 1 answer if I remember correctly. My prep was lab sim (Rob Tracy lmao) and also http://www.cybrary.it/course/comptia-linux-plus/ I did cybrary first it is very basic but it does well to get you started if you are a Linux nub. Next I went to lab sim to the more in depth sections to learn more. Cybrary is a good resource but it will NOT give you enough to pass the test as Greg clearly states throughout the vids.
    WGU - Bachelors of Science: Information Technology
    Current Course -
    C278
    Courses Left - CJC1, IWT1, BNC1, CVV1, QZT1
    Completed Courses - ORA1, WFV1, CLC1, INC1, QBT1, DHV1, INT1, CRV1, CWV1, DIV1, CTV1, TPV1, CUV1, BOV1, MGC1, DJV1, CJV1, C220, C221, C277
    Transferred - LAE1, CPV1, AGC1, AXV1, IWC1, BVC1, BBC1, LUT1, DEV1, DFV1, EUC1, EUP1, RIT1

• Options
    Swift6Swift6 Member Posts: 268 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The way to get familiar with commands and syntax is by practice. Install Linux on Virtualbox and play around with it.
    Most commands also have a man page which lists available extensions and also explains what they do.