Cloud+ passed :D Awesome way to spend $50

H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
Just passed my Cloud+, kind of a nice pick me up after failing my last two cert exams (CCENT, CASP), but it was a good challenge. I brushed up on:

Hypervisors: types, pros & cons of each
Data Tiers: the downtime of each, and the layout/structure of them each - never really appeared on the exam though

and that was about it, I got a 778/900, so I didn't pass by much, but I didn't really review any of my answers, I felt my gut was good enough for this one :D I'd definitely say that some content from my A+, Net+, Sec+, and CCENT studies were all in this exam in bits and pieces :D

Comments

• Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • cs8400cs8400 Member Posts: 90 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Taking this next Tuesday.
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • DillardoDillardo Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Thanks for the study advice.
  • GForce75GForce75 Member Posts: 222
    Congrats! I just the cloud+ also today. It wasn't that bad of an exam. Have knowledge of VM's helps anybody for the test. I just didn't like the fact it wasn't 100 questions, but cannot complain in that there are no labs.
    Doctoral Candidate - BA (33/60hrs) ~ MBA/Project Management ~ BA/Business-IT
  • c0mptiac0mptia Member Posts: 149 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrad on your passing the exam..

BTW:
    Does any know if you pass at the testing center will the Pearson survey come up..or it come up if you pass or fail.? OR only when you pass the exam then the survey will come up. THANKS
    Survey comes up first. 5 or 6 annoying pages of it, then poof... comes up your score.
    GForce75 wrote: »
    Survey comes up first. 5 or 6 annoying pages of it, then poof... comes up your score.

So if you feel you did not do so well on the exam (fail) the survey still come up first with 5 or 6 annoying pages and then it will let you know if you pass or fail ? Sorry bout the **** question.
  • GessGess Member Posts: 144 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That happened with SY0-401 for me. Which really does a disservice to the survey because I could not care less about telling them how I felt about the exam, I just wanted my score. I'm betting the data gleaned from that survey isn't worth $.02.
    Yep, regardless of how you do, it comes up. It happened to me on one, i was like click click click click click click... pass. i hated that.
    Thanks guys...Just like Gess said..i would care less if i fail the exam and have to sit there doing the servey..i just want my score...
    Passed today with a 834. Process wasn't bad at all, took about 15 minutes to get the environment setup and then all was good. Really glad they ran this program because I wouldn't have gone for this certification but for $50 you couldn't beat it. I actually paid the $5 to bump my test up another day, though. I just didn't feel like sitting around studying more.

I used the Amazon.com: CompTIA Cloud+ Certification Study Guide (Exam CV0-001) (Certification Press) eBook: Nate Stammer, Scott Wilson: Kindle Store with the 7 day free Kindle trial and read two chapters a night. It was a decent book, actually. The chapters were rather compact, ~20 minutes at the longest. And each chapter had a nice little '2 minute drill' at the end for easy review, plus a bunch of exam questions. The downside about the trial is it's only good for devices with the Kindle App, not actual Kindles, so I read it on my Note 3. Not horrible, but worth mentioning.

Some of the Sec+ stuff like physical security and ACLs showed up in the exam, so that was a nice review. I don't work directly with virtualization stuff at work anymore but used to at my last job so enough carried over. I just wish it was called CompTIA Virtualization+ instead of Cloud+ as it sounds much, much better. Cloud is more of a marketing buzzword.

Anyway, thanks to all at this forum that brought this to my attention. I wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't seen the threads.
    congrats gforce and gess!
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • ItrimbleItrimble Member Posts: 221
    I also just got out of the exam and passed ! I didn't read any books, my previous knowledge of virtualization really helped. I would agree with others and call this a virtualization test. It touched on lots of terminology from the VMware stack. It took about 45 minutes to do the test once I got going.

I wish the others the best of luck!
    Goals for 2015 : Finish BS Network Administration at WGU
    Become CCNA, CISSP, CEH, VCP5-10 Certified
    Possible Start Masters in Information Security
    Nice, congrats. We were probably testing at the same time. My reservation was for 3:30pm CST today.
  • ItrimbleItrimble Member Posts: 221
    Mine was at 3:40 :)
    Goals for 2015 : Finish BS Network Administration at WGU
    Become CCNA, CISSP, CEH, VCP5-10 Certified
    Possible Start Masters in Information Security
    Congrats Itrimble!
  • H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Grats, to you all :D
  • catqueenbbcatqueenbb Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi guys,

I am probably late checking this thread, but I was wondering if I was still possible to buy the voucher. If so, where can I buy it?

Thank you

P.S: I've just heard about the $50 sale :) and am trying to take the project.

H3||scr3am: Congrats