Passed my pmp exam

SuperLT09SuperLT09 Member Posts: 31 ■□□□□□□□□□
Team,

I just wanted to let you know that I passed my exam on Friday....Please let me know if you would like for me to share any study plans, recommended material, etc. PMP!!!!!!icon_cheers.gif
2018 Goals: CISSP (JUNE), MSCA Server 2016 (SEPTEMBER), CISM (DECEMBER), Need to learn Linux and Python

2019 Goals: OSCP, Transferring to the Army Cyber Branch

Comments

• The_ExpertThe_Expert Member Posts: 136
    Congratulations! That's a really nice accomplishment... What's next for you?
    Masters, Public Administration (MPA), Bachelor of Science, 20+ years of technical experience.

Studying on again, off again...
  • zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats man! I just sent you a PM!
  • abnmiabnmi Member Posts: 66 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats, would love to know how you did it.
  • ItrimbleItrimble Member Posts: 221
    Congratulations !!!I've been thinking about pursuing this cert. Please share your experience!
    Goals for 2015 : Finish BS Network Administration at WGU
    Become CCNA, CISSP, CEH, VCP5-10 Certified
    Possible Start Masters in Information Security
  • SuperLT09SuperLT09 Member Posts: 31 ■□□□□□□□□□
    1. Started off first by collecting my experience, former employers information and started working on my application....Took me around 3-4 hours to finish everything.

2. After I was approved for the test, I downloaded PM Prepcast videos, and read Andy Crowe's PMP Prepbook: Pass First Attempt.
    3. Watched the Prepcast and read the book together....at least 2 hours of podcasts in the morning, and one chapter a day.

4. Read the PMBOK 5th edition (skimmed through)

5. Took the PMStudy Boot Camp for 4 days and took the test the day after.

The test will test your knowledge heavily on Risk and Quality (know it like the back of your hand, trust me)

Take at least 1 day off a week from studying, and stay focused throughout the whole process.
    2018 Goals: CISSP (JUNE), MSCA Server 2016 (SEPTEMBER), CISM (DECEMBER), Need to learn Linux and Python

How long of a period did you spend preparing once you submitted the application?
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
    zxbane,

I studied for about 4 months; but honestly if you put in 3-4 hours a day, I believe you can do it in 2 months.

• JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass! Definitely on my to-do list for later.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
    SuperLT09 wrote: »
    zxbane,

I studied for about 4 months; but honestly if you put in 3-4 hours a day, I believe you can do it in 2 months.
    Thanks for the feedback, I sent you a PM!
  • GForce75GForce75 Member Posts: 222
    Congrats man. That's my next focus in a few months. Felt like the CISSP and P+ are good starters. Did you use the CBT Nuggets at all for PMP?
    Doctoral Candidate - BA (33/60hrs) ~ MBA/Project Management ~ BA/Business-IT
    I really want to get my CISSP but the next step for me would be completing some IT training for the military...Information Assurance Training/Hopefully sitting for the CISSP. I never used the Nuggets, PMPrepcast were the podcasts I used to study...They're AMAZING!!!!!