Books for Server +

ankurj.hazarikaankurj.hazarika Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
Team,

Please suggest a book for Server +. Is there any server + book that equals the Darril Gibson Security + caliber? I don't have a Kindle, so kindly suggest books that are available in hard copies.

Many thanks.

Ankur

Comments

• ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    For a cert that is 5 years old, books seem to be hard to come by. I did not want to spend a lot, so I got Jonathan lau's Server+ Study Guide, Kindle version, for $5.00. Just got it, so I dont know how good it is. I am using it with CBT Nuggets.
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
  • SmiliesSmilies Member Posts: 31 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm interested to know what books are in Darril's caliber as well, but found the same book ssnyderu2 is using and also going to use CBT Nuggets.
    Smilies wrote: »
    I'm interested to know what books are in Darril's caliber as well, but found the same book ssnyderu2 is using and also going to use CBT Nuggets.

This free download (PDF) might also be helpful.

http://www.hookedonhorsepower.com/megs/SK0003_Server_Plus_mega%20guide.pdf
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
  • SmiliesSmilies Member Posts: 31 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ssnyderu2 wrote: »
    This free download (PDF) might also be helpful.

I can vouch for the mega guide! icon_study.gif
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • c0mptiac0mptia Member Posts: 149 ■■■□□□□□□□
    fuz1on wrote: »
    I can vouch for the mega guide! icon_study.gif

X2 ..... i used this to study for me server+
  • ankurj.hazarikaankurj.hazarika Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    How's the Jonathan Lau book then?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It is a good book. It is mostly a review of A+. Pluralsight also has a video course for the Server+. Pluralsight Training Almost passed it just reading his book. Got 723. I wish I would have reviewed the material for 2 more days and I probably would have passed.
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    GTS Learning has a book for Server+.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    If you read over the Prep Logic Mega Guide and are familiar with what it covers, then you will pass easy.
    I am watching the CBT Nuggets video series, using Jonathan lau's Server+ Study Guide for reference and examcompass for practice test.
  • IIIMasterIIIMaster Member Posts: 238 ■■■□□□□□□□
    A+ is pretty much the same as the server +, its basically the same general information. I would study the storage+ for a more in depth look into an enterprise environment.
  • epcgepcg Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I used the Jonathon Lau book, the mega guide and read some of the Sybex Server+ 2nd edition its old but has lots of good info in it also can get cheap. If you was ok with A+ learn Raids and backups and all will be ok.