Options

What Ver of CCP are we tested on

CiderCider Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

Watching Bryants videos and he is using 2.6 and I am currently on 2.8.

I cant really get a consensus on the net. Anyone that has written recently can confirm?

On another point, (I have brought it up in another thread but no answers); why does everyone hate CCP? Its pretty neat.

Comments

• Options
    EdificerEdificer Member Posts: 187 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I hope I don't annoy you but can I know if you are watching CCNA Security 2015 640-554 Video Boot Camp With Chris Bryant?
    I've been massing together resources to start my 640-554 study and I noticed they go for 99$. Do you know any good 640-554 series a bit cheaper? Thanks.
    “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” Confucius
  • Options
    bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
    Good question, I'm not sure on the answer.. but this is definitely something I'd like to know before I start playing about CCP for my exam prep.
    2018 Goal: CCIE Written [ ]
  • Options
    CiderCider Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    EdificerEdificer Member Posts: 187 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wow, I can't believe I am getting the same series for that price. Thanks a ton! I truly appreciate it.
    “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” Confucius
  • Options
    RomeoJettRomeoJett Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks, snatched those up, sweet.........planning on this test to. What hardware is everyone using.
  • Options
    OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CCP is not used in the corporate environment at all that I know of. It's a good tool, don't get me wrong, but ASDM is for the old ASAs. Aside from that, ASAs are kind of becoming an obsolete technology, except for maybe doing some VPN, even though Aruba seems to have a decent presence there as well. Checkpoint and Fortigate among other things are probably a little more modern.

Because no one uses it, the support for upgrades and enhancements is near null. Don't expect much differences between the versions.
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []
  • Options
    theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Checkpoint and Fortigate among other things are probably a little more modern.

I see a mix of Cisco ASA and Checkpoint. There's also some Palo Alto and Sonicwall. Sonicwall used to be the 2nd most common Firewall I would see (Checkpoint wasn't very common), close behind Cisco ASA, but now I don't see a lot of Sonicwalls, but Checkpoint is beginning to give Cisco a run for its money. Fortigate is starting to pop up more often. I personally don't like Fortigates, but they do have a nice little GUI (Unfortunately, the GUI-based packet capture tends to hang and not want to stop if you leave it running too long).
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • Options
    paq7512paq7512 Member Posts: 102 ■■□□□□□□□□
    CCP is not used in the corporate environment at all that I know of. It's a good tool, don't get me wrong, but ASDM is for the old ASAs. Aside from that, ASAs are kind of becoming an obsolete technology, except for maybe doing some VPN, even though Aruba seems to have a decent presence there as well. Checkpoint and Fortigate among other things are probably a little more modern.

Because no one uses it, the support for upgrades and enhancements is near null. Don't expect much differences between the versions.

How do you come up with that conclusion? ASA's have a huge presence, and with the acquisition of Sourefire they are completely capable of Internet 2.0.