Options

CISA June 2015 Exam.

Comments

• Options
    wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    In the registration Page you have to select
    Online Exam Registration Discount ($75.00)
    and
    Exam Registration Fee $515.00

to get the 75$ discount.
  • Options
    jaizjaiz Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Srikku and Ankur, Iam also registered for the CISA june 2015 exam, If you guys want to share the cost of buying all the exam resources including the manual, sample database etc get in touch it will work out for all of us, since the exam and the membership has already cost a lot. Let me know

cheers

Jaison
  • Options
    maXmoodmaXmood Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi all,

@ wd40, i'm in the same post you are.. i think i've had enough of IT roles and i would like to move into a more specific one. the CISA was on my list since maybe 2007? but never really had the chance to do it. now i think it's the time to make a move. i'm trying to get that done through tamkeen.. did u know you can get everything covered by them given that you pass the exam?

anyways, i'm in the process of getting that approved through the CPP program they're offering. so hopefully everything goes through smoothly. Now that it's been a month since you've received your books, do you think June is a good month to take on the exam? because if i start studying by end of Feb, i'll have 3 months to be fully prepared for the exam, and i'm not sure if that's enough.. otherwise i'll have to do the Dec exam since Sept exam in not covered in Bahrain..

please share your experience so far.

thanks
  • Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    You do realize that is theft, along with unethical? That kind of behavior isn't tolerated here. If you are too cheap to buy the resources for the exam, then you don't need to take the exam. Take your shady actions elsewhere.
    jaiz wrote: »
    Hi Srikku and Ankur, Iam also registered for the CISA june 2015 exam, If you guys want to share the cost of buying all the exam resources including the manual, sample database etc get in touch it will work out for all of us, since the exam and the membership has already cost a lot. Let me know

cheers

Jaison

There is no authorized PDF available for ISACA publications. Buy the damn manual like everyone else.
    cisahacker wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    Registered for the June examinations :D . Does anyone have a link to CISA 2015 manual PDF?
    Cheers
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    ++ colemic

The scary thing is these guys are going to be IT Auditors, by breaking many IT laws, I am 100% sure that some of them will use pirated braindumps if they could find them (You know - - = + :D ".
  • Options
    BalkanGuyBalkanGuy Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    wd40: That's not very nice to say. ISACA products are expensive and does not conform the lower purchasing power of poorer countries. I live in Eastern Europe and I ended up paying more than my monthly salary on the Manual, the Test CD and the exam registration. At this point no wonder people are looking for ways to reduce costs. I appreciate sharing pdf files is not accepted on this forum but if it's for personal use then it's not prohibited by most countries.
  • Options
    I can appreciate the desire to reduce costs, I really can. But it IS specifically prohibited by ISACA, regardless of the laws of your country.

BalkanGuy wrote: »
    wd40: That's not very nice to say. ISACA products are expensive and does not conform the lower purchasing power of poorer countries. I live in Eastern Europe and I ended up paying more than my monthly salary on the Manual, the Test CD and the exam registration. At this point no wonder people are looking for ways to reduce costs. I appreciate sharing pdf files is not accepted on this forum but if it's for personal use then it's not prohibited by most countries.
  • Options
    BalkanGuy wrote: »

It is expensive, I know because I had to pay for it, The cost of the Exam + ISACA Membership + CD + Book is more than my monthly income when I started working in IT 12 Years ago.

I do understand that some people can not afford it, but that does not change the fact that it is illegal.

For example, SANS courses cost more than 5,000 US$, I can't afford that so I look for cheaper alternatives.
  • Options
    maXmoodmaXmood Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    wd40 wrote: »
    It is expensive, I know because I had to pay for it, The cost of the Exam + ISACA Membership + CD + Book is more than my monthly income when I started working in IT 12 Years ago.

I do understand that some people can not afford it, but that does not change the fact that it is illegal.

For example, SANS courses cost more than 5,000 US$, I can't afford that so I look for cheaper alternatives.
    hey wd40, my post was delayed because it had to be approved by an admin/mod before it got published, that's why i think it went unnoticed .. look up post #39..

thanks
  • Options
    DeZi xPDeZi xP Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Glad to see so many people here for CISA! I am too late for this party??

Just got a new job and my company reimburses you if you pass. They do offer boot camp but it is in August and I wanted to knock this one out ASAP. However, is 3 months enough time to study for CISA? Better question... if I was able to pass Sec+ within a month (4-6 hours a day), how long would CISA take to prepare in comparison?

I just don't want to end up biting off more than I can chew...
  • Options
    DeZi xP,

I passed Security+ in 2 weeks and I think it really helps with the CISA Study, I think you should get the Book and CD first then decide if June exam will be possible, you will have to buy them any way so better to buy them form now IMHO.

maXmood

Not sure about Tamkeen really, I plan to go to them and ask, you should do the same.
    For me I decided to buy the book / CD and book the exam to motivate myself to study, If I get my money reimbursed then that will be good, If not it does not matter as I really want to take this exam.

Note for All others, we have a Labor fund that re-reimburse locals for professional certifications :D

https://portal.tamkeen.bh/e7trf/CertList
  • Options
    jacintayangjacintayang Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

I am using the 2014 Manual and realize that the guidelines are different from the one in IS Audit and Assurance Guidance as it has been updated in Sep14.

Just want to check if Chapter 1 - ISACA IS Audit and Assurance Guidelines in 2015 Manual is the updated version in accordance to the one in ISACA website?
  • Options
    amitesh_1980amitesh_1980 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi All,

I am planning to appear for CISA June 2015 exam.

Below are the study material recommended by ISACA.I am planning to get the study materials from ISACA. Can any one help me with the difference between 2,3,4,5. Shall I order for all 5 or is there any similarity between any 2 study materials.

1.CISA Review Manual 2015
    2.CISA Review Questions, Answers & Explanations Manual 2015
    3.CISA Review Questions, Answers & Explanations Manual 2015 Supplement
    4.CISA Review Questions, Answers & Explanations Database - 12 Month Subscription
    5.CISA Review Questions, Answers & Explanations Database v15 CD-ROM

Regards
    Amitesh
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Number 2 is a book. Number 3 is an add on for 2. Number 4 includes 2 and 3 and is online only access. Number 5 includes 2 and 3 and is an application you install on a computer. I personally would opt for 1 and 4 as that is what I am going with for the CISM. I like the online option that way I can access it anywhere including at work and on the go, as well as from most any device. The downside to going with number 2 is because it has all of the answers right there under the question, which makes it hard to study correctly and is a pain trying to cover it up.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    Thanks JoJoCal19 for your guidance
  • Options
    Thanks for your guidance.
  • Options
    mukeshdoramukeshdora Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Anyone from delhi preparing for CISA June 2015?
  • Options
    Hi, Is there a difference in CRM 2014 and 2015? I am using CRM 2014 for preparation.
  • Options
    Hi, Is there a difference in CRM 2014 and 2015? I am using CRM 2014 for preparation.
    Hi,

I am using the 2014 Manual and realize that the guidelines are different from the one in IS Audit and Assurance Guidance as it has been updated in Sep14.

Just want to check if Chapter 1 - ISACA IS Audit and Assurance Guidelines in 2015 Manual is the updated version in accordance to the one in ISACA website?
  • Options
    vbjelicvbjelic Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello to all,
    I'm just preparing for June exam and I have CRM2014 and CRM2015. There is no big differences between those two CRM-s. I think that preparing from CRM2014 is OK.
    Definitely logic is the same and in my opinion you can prepare exam from CRM2014 without fear.
  • Options
    Roger_TomyRoger_Tomy Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am trying to find the scanned CISA review Material 2015 online. I am not willing to pay for the material. Are you aware of a website where could find it?

This would help a lot of people.

Regards,
    Tom
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Roger_Tomy wrote: »
    I am trying to find the scanned CISA review Material 2015 online. I am not willing to pay for the material. Are you aware of a website where could find it?

Regards,
    Tom

*shakes head*

You're in the wrong place, we do not condone that here. Invest in your future and buy the materials....
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    You can find it on the ISACA website. It's on the page that comes up right after you pay for the review material.

Regards,
    Tom
  • Options
    riyanriyan Member Posts: 161 ■■■□□□□□□□

Regards,
    Tom

I assume you have isaca membership. Checkout eLibrary specially cisa section. You can utilize the material free of cost.
  • Options
    priyankarpriyankar Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hi guys planning for cisa exam, does anybody have idea where can I get CISA Review manual 2015.Also is there difference between CISA review manual 2014 and CISA review manual 2015
  • Options
    priyankarpriyankar Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    priyankar wrote: »
    hi guys planning for cisa exam, does anybody have idea where can I get CISA Review manual 2015.Also is there difference between CISA review manual 2014 and CISA review manual 2015

Can anybody share study material for cisa.it would be great
  • Options
    acomoacomo Member Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
    priyankar wrote: »
    Can anybody share study material for cisa.it would be great

in this forum we are not sharing copyrighted material.
  • Options
    shiprabansalshiprabansal Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Sudhir, is it possible for you to share the manual if you have soft copy? email : shipra.ucoe@gmail.com
  • Options
    soccarplayer29soccarplayer29 Member Posts: 230 ■■■□□□□□□□
    We understand that study materials can be expensive, but this forum is not a place for illegal or unethical sharing of copyrighted material. Please refer to the ISACA website for official study materials and/or amazon for additional resources.

Having passed the CISA exam I would recommend the official CISA questions from ISACA (I choose the electronic CD-ROM version but there's also the hard copy). I found the database of questions to be extremely helpful and used this as my main study material to complement my professional IT audit experience.
    Certs: CISSP, CISA, PMP
  • Options
    shiprabansalshiprabansal Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi, can you please share CRM 2015 to shipra.ucoe@gmail.com if you have soft copy please