Cloud+ today

So I will be taking Cloud+ today. I've barely studied (maybe 3~5 hours so far, and exam is in 2 hours or so...) and my work experience only touches a few concepts of this exam, so I really don't expect to pass. However, so far, I've been grasping the concepts of LUNs, aaS services etc pretty well, and a lot of the stuff I kind of know from randomly browsing stuff on the web in the past.

I wish I hadn't spent so much time on Project+, but it was a great morale booster passing it at 94%!

Back to studying icon_study.gif

Comments

• ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just a thought: If you are doing ProctorU can you reschedule for sometime Monday or Tuesday and study all weekend?

If that is not possible, be confident and Good luck.
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
  • nsternster Member Posts: 231
    Unfortunately no. There is currently a situation at my second job that needs immediate attention as they cannot work right now and need me ASAP, I will be rushing to it after my exam. Sunday to Wednesday I will be too busy as well.

ProctorU's pricing and flexibility is awesome though! Thanks for the advice
    NO WAYYYYYY

I passed WITH A PERFECT SCORE... and I only reviewed a few questions I marked! I know I frequenly downplay what I know but still...

I don't understand, I was expecting it to be way harder than this. I found Project+ much harder o.O I didn't even use a book, I just wrote down all the keywords I could find that could be on the exam and googled them. I was surprised to see ~5 questions on RAID arrays, but they were really easy. P2V stuff was super easy as it was logical. Some of the questions I had no clue I just did a process of elimination. I really underestimated what my college cert thought me and my general knowledge of networks and virtualization seems to be okay.

I just can't believe out of all the questions I got a PERFECT 900/900 !?!?!

Project+ 94%
    Cloud+ 100%

I think I'm ready to start studying Microsoft certs! :)

P.S: I wasn't going to put this cert on my CV because I didn't think I knew the subject enough, but considering my score, it should mean I know enough right? Cloud+ is supposed to be entry-level after-all. I just don't want to mislead anyone into thinking I could start doing cloud tasks without training. What do you think?
    Congrats on achieving your Cloud+ certification! icon_thumright.gif
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats! I've been thinking about sitting for that exam, too. I don't need it for work but was thinking about getting it in order to validate what I do know (or, at least, what I think I know!). I've been toying with the idea of getting the CCSK and it seems rather logical to get Cloud+ first. Then again, maybe it's just the cheap price for the ProctorU method of exam delivery that intrigues me. Who knows?

As far as putting it on your resume, I would. My logic is that you earned it, so you might as well put it on the resume. It might, possibly, be the tipping point for a job that you interview for in the future. One can never know, really.

What do you think will be your next cert?

Cheers!
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
    70-462 410 and 411 are my next goals :)
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
    nster wrote: »
    70-642 410 and 411 are my next goals :)

Why 70-642? You will need 70-412 to go along with the 410 and 411. That will get you your MCSA 2012. The 70-642 is part of the MCSA 2008.
    oops I meant to write 462 (Admin SQL Server) ! Thanks for the heads-up though
  • tmurphy3100tmurphy3100 Member Posts: 154 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Taking my Cloud+ today, I hope I have a similar experience!
    2020 Goals: CCNA R&S, Cysa+, AZ103, Linux+, Pentest+
  • ItrimbleItrimble Member Posts: 221
    Good luck!
    Goals for 2015 : Finish BS Network Administration at WGU
    Become CCNA, CISSP, CEH, VCP5-10 Certified
    Possible Start Masters in Information Security
  • tmurphy3100tmurphy3100 Member Posts: 154 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Itrimble wrote: »
    Good luck!

Your luck helped, just passed! Barely made it with 767/900..but all i did was read the free trial book in a week! Awesome deal wish I knew about it earlier to get the other two!
    2020 Goals: CCNA R&S, Cysa+, AZ103, Linux+, Pentest+