Specs to memorize

sir_creamy_sir_creamy_ Inactive Imported Users Posts: 298
For those of you who have passed Server+, what specs do you recommend I memorize? I'm REALLY slacking with my studying but it seems to me that this exam doesn't have too many difficult concepts to comprehend. I've never taken a "hardware" exam before (if you can call it that) so can you tell me what to expect?
Bachelor of Computer Science

[Forum moderators are my friends]

Comments

• TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Expect everything out there that you do not find on a desktop. When it was updated last year they added everything that was bleeding edge then. You will be challenged on SCSI and RAID and backup solutions particularly. Your best bet is to download the blueprint in PDF form from CompTIA. If it is in the blueprint then you can expect a question depending on what questions that you get from the exam pool.

You have to provide a name and email address and then you can download one or more sets of test objectives

http://certification.comptia.org/resources/objectives.aspx
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • plettnerplettner Member Posts: 197
    Wish me luck icon_cool.gif

I'm doing the exam tomorrow. I've been re-reading SNMP/DMI, SCSI and backup rotation schemes (GFS, Tower of Honoi, etc.)
  • rcooprcoop Member Posts: 183
    plettner wrote:
    I'm doing the exam tomorrow. I've been re-reading SNMP/DMI, SCSI and backup rotation schemes (GFS, Tower of Honoi, etc.)

Good Luck! And give us some more feedback afterward, and what materials you used to study with.

Thanks,
    --RCoop
    Working on MCTS:SQL Server 2005 (70-431) & Server+
  • plettnerplettner Member Posts: 197
    Passed yesterday!

753 with passing score of 615. 80 questions.

Know PCI and PCI-X specs.
    Know RAID and when to use.
    Know SCSI and the standards.
    Know fire suppression agents in a server room! This one caught me out as I don't think it was covered in my study material. The question was what three agents are used for supression of fires in a server room.

I used Selftest Software exam and CompTIA's own Server+ guide (through Thomson).

Now I'm onto the 72-290 and 291 to get my MCSA.
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congratulations, it is a thin but wide test as indicated by the fire extinguishers. It is a safety issue especially if you are the one in a monster server room and you like breathing.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • jojopramosjojopramos Member Posts: 415
    congratulations......