Passed Server+

daristotledaristotle Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed the Server+ exam last night with a 807. There were a lot of RAID questions, so be sure to know that inside and out. Otherwise, the rest of the test was pretty straight forward.
Thanks for everyone posting study tips!

Comments

• darthlinuxdarthlinux Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on getting your Server+ certification! icon_thumright.gif
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
  • H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on getting the Server+!
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats!
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • GessGess Member Posts: 144 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm having a really hard time with RAID, it's the only thing on this exam really having me worried. I get the basics (0,1,5) but when you start adding variants I get lost.
  • daristotledaristotle Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Gess wrote: »
    I'm having a really hard time with RAID, it's the only thing on this exam really having me worried. I get the basics (0,1,5) but when you start adding variants I get lost.
    There's quite a bit of questions dealing with RAID. The main things to know are: what RAID to use for what (performance, redundancy, etc), how figure out final size, and how many drives each RAID type can lose.
  • The CountThe Count Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats to you! I too just passed about 20 mins ago via ProctorU. Made it on the last day, score was 812. Honestly didn't think I was gonna pass. I only studied the 70 page PDF floating around here as well as some online practice exams and googling exam topics. I hope they continue the trend for next month. The process was pain free as I am familiar with ProctorU.