Is anyone else having trouble with ProctorU

I was supposed to do Cloud+ last week, get on line, we go through all the pre exam stuff

then he asks me to sign into Pearson VUE, never was it mentioned anywhere that I needed a Pearson VUE Comptia account, I assumed ProctorU did the test.
(I'd only used Pearson VUE for ITIL and Juniper so that account did not work)

The guy basically says "Oh bad luck, bye"

I have rescheduled several times now, and nobody from ProctorU, CompTIA can help me, Pearson VUE never answers the phone.

This is the most ridiculous testing set up I've ever seen, if all 3 of your accounts (ProctorU, CompTIA and Pearson VUE) don't match up you can't take the exam.
http://www.darvilleit.com - a blog I write about IT and technology.

Comments

• ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Follow these directions:

1) Schedule a test and pay on ProctorU.
    2) Use 2 different codes on Pearson VUE to actually register. They should have been emailed to you.
    3) "Meet" your proctor on ProctorU's site at the scheduled time. Pre-test rituals.
    4) The proctor will take you to PearsonVUE to actually take the test via their secure browser.
    5) Finish test and go back to the proctor.
    6) Take a survey.
    7) DONE!

Credit goes to PJ_Sneakers.
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
  • nsternster Member Posts: 231
    Well I had done that "technology check" with a live person a bit before my exam. She proceeded to bring me to the page to sign up, I signed up and then we went ahead with the pre-exam stuff, secure browser and voila
  • GessGess Member Posts: 144 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The email confirmation I received when booking on the ProctorU site was very clear about needing to register the exam at Pearson Vue and if you didn't have an account, they gave a link to show you how to get one. You should have received the two codes to give to PV.

CompTIA is a new vendor for ProctorU so their experience is a little shaky, but I passed Cloud+ and Project+ with them and both times it took them a minute to find a URL or password but they got me in each test in about 15 minutes.

I'm sorry you're frustrated with this otherwise great program. Did you not get the e-mail with the codes?
  • discount81discount81 Member Posts: 213
    Gess wrote: »
    The email confirmation I received when booking on the ProctorU site was very clear about needing to register the exam at Pearson Vue and if you didn't have an account, they gave a link to show you how to get one. You should have received the two codes to give to PV.

CompTIA is a new vendor for ProctorU so their experience is a little shaky, but I passed Cloud+ and Project+ with them and both times it took them a minute to find a URL or password but they got me in each test in about 15 minutes.

I'm sorry you're frustrated with this otherwise great program. Did you not get the e-mail with the codes?

I've checked my emails and there was no codes sent to me or follow up email after I booked, which I thought was a bit odd initially but never thought any more because the exams showed up in my Proctor U account.
    I checked my junk email and nothing in there from Proctor U, so I can only assume either a spam filter blocked it entirely or there was an issue and I never got it.
    I was more frustrated that CompTIA told me to call Pearson VUE, I couldn't speak to anyone at Pearson VUE because the phone system would just cut me off after 2 days of trying from various phones I never spoke to anyone there, so I called Proctor U, the person at Proctor U initially told me they can't do anything and to follow up with CompTIA again.
    After I read this thread and realized the issue.

Proctor U have given me these codes now so this should resolve the issue today when I take the exam.
  • PsychoData91PsychoData91 Member Posts: 138 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just to be clear OP, you do HAVE an account for pearson that will work on pearsonvue.com/comptia/ ,right? It might be something weird (mine is kecrou0011)
  • GessGess Member Posts: 144 ■■■□□□□□□□
    discount81, glad you got it sorted out as it's a pretty great program. Eager to hear that you passed.
    Just to be clear OP, you do HAVE an account for pearson that will work on pearsonvue.com/comptia/ ,right? It might be something weird (mine is kecrou0011)

I do now, it's been sorted out and I passed the exam, the follow up email from Proctor U never came through which is why I had issues.
  • ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on getting your Cloud+ certification. icon_thumright.gif

I might try for it later in the year. Right now I am focused on my CCENT.
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
    ssnyderu2 wrote: »
    Congrats on getting your Cloud+ certification. icon_thumright.gif

I might try for it later in the year. Right now I am focused on my CCENT.

Thanks, If you have some virtualization experience I found this is almost a guaranteed pass, definitely worth the $50 price I'm sure it will add value to my CV.