Options

Reference Simulation Exams

HENNOHENNO Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
Simulation Exams are they OK?

Comments

• Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    what do you mean reference simulation exams?

Is it okay to use them as practice? As long as the questions and answers arent memorized and in violation of non-disclosure, it's okay, and you're not cheating.
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    to be honest, wat is simulation exams?

i think you must mean practice exams?

well whatever you mean it doesnt matter but i hope we can help.

i bought exam cram network+ question book which (is not an exam cram) but it has about 500 questions regarding the network+ exam, which was kinda helpful.

i would say from my personal experiance the network+ exam is overated. it is a gd foundation cert to have but is not difficult to pass. i was hoping for lots of osi q's etc (because i have had it drilled into my head from my degree) but when it came to the exam it had about 2 q's on the osi. but i think like the comptia exams i have took it wouldnt be that difficult to pass aslong as you have a decent brain upon your shoulders.

so go for it.
    preplogic is pretty gd, but if you buy the exam cram question book for network+ for £10 it has most if not all the preplogic practice questions for a fraction of the price.

or transcenders is gd i have heard but is v.expensive.

the choice is yours but dont stress about the exam! its nowhere near as hard as you fink!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    nel wrote:
    i bought exam cram network+ question book which (is not an exam cram) but it has about 500 questions regarding the network+ exam, which was kinda helpful.

exam cram series is really good...I dont think you get the questions on a CD though...which I personally find a drawback.
    nel wrote:
    i would say from my personal experiance the network+ exam is overated. it is a gd foundation cert to have but is not difficult to pass. i was hoping for lots of osi q's etc (because i have had it drilled into my head from my degree) but when it came to the exam it had about 2 q's on the osi. but i think like the comptia exams i have took it wouldnt be that difficult to pass aslong as you have a decent brain upon your shoulders.

I dont disagree....I find most of the materials I am reading quite fundamental.....similar to A+ and a few other CompTIA exams...they show entry-level skills and ability in a specific area.
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    btw.... you do get the questions on a cd with the exam cram series. maybe worth a look.....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0789733528/026-1152203-3011640?v=glance&n=266239&s=gateway&v=glance

heres its isbn: 0789733528

its only £10 ($15ish).
    as like i said you could pay for a preplogic simulator but this book is from the same guys and has the same q's.... i found this out for my a+ :p
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking