Security+ Practice Exams (Darril Gibson)

ChickenNuggetzChickenNuggetz Member Posts: 284
How do the practice exams from Darril Gibson's book and website hold up against the questions from the actual exam? Did you find them to be comparable to one another? Did you find the questions on the exam to be harder?

I'm trying to gauge where I'm at right now, I'm scoring between 88 and 94% on the Darril's practice tests. I've got a co-worker who used Darril's books/practice tests and said that he found the exam questions to be harder. Any thoughts?
:study: Currently Reading: Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator and Engineer by Ashgar Ghori

Certifications: CCENT; CCNA: R&S; Security+

Next up: RHCSA

Comments

• Justin-Justin- Member Posts: 300
    Yeah, I have a thread asking the same question. But I have Gibson's paid content and have been practicing off of that.
  • ChickenNuggetzChickenNuggetz Member Posts: 284
    Justin- wrote: »
    Yeah, I have a thread asking the same question. But I have Gibson's paid content and have been practicing off of that.

Same for me, I paid the $30 or whatever for the 400+ practice questions. The guy I worked with said his exam had several questions with that were really specific that he went back to look up in the book after the exam and couldn't find any info on it...so yeah, I'm a little worried. Just want to make sure I'm studying the right stuff!
    :study: Currently Reading: Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator and Engineer by Ashgar Ghori

Certifications: CCENT; CCNA: R&S; Security+

Next up: RHCSA
  • kevluck373kevluck373 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I wonder the same thing about the test. I do well on Darrell Gibson's tests along w/ the certmaster I bought from comptia along w/ 2 test sessions, but I just have a feeling the test will be harder than Darrell Gibson's test along w/ certmaster.

Surprisingly, on certmaster there is no performance questions that I remember. The reading I've done so far seems to say there's a fair amount of performance questions.