CCure or Transcender for CISSP

the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
I'm finishing up my reading and video review, now I want to start doing some questions. Which did everyone think was better? CCure or Transcender? Thanks in advance!
WIP:
PHP
Kotlin
Intro to Discrete Math
Programming Languages
Work stuff

Comments

• ChuzpahChuzpah Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have both sets and think they both have their strong suits but what I don't like about the Transcender exams is that they reference the AIO book most often. I rarely see other references to NIST or other free resources. The CCCure explanations and references seem to be better. That is my take on them anyway. Both exams offer free demos so I would give them a try before you buy.
  • papadocpapadoc Member Posts: 154
    CCure to drill on technical areas that you are weak in.

Transcender to drill in on areas that are more relevant to the test, comes closest to the type of test questions and has very lengthy descriptions of each area that you get wrong. Set up a PDF printer on your computer, take a few 250 question Transcender tests and upon review, just print out the pages. Use that as your re-adjusted/refactored study guide and hone in on those areas.
  • mjsinhsvmjsinhsv Member Posts: 167
    I thought the Macgraw Hill tests were as good as CCCURE ....and they are free.

McGraw-Hill Education | CISSP Practice Exams
  • CBMiller18CBMiller18 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just passed the CISSP this past weekend and I have tried both. I preferred the Transcender questions, plus it has the new drag/drop and hotspot questions.
  • Spin LockSpin Lock Member Posts: 142
    I'll tell you what I dislike about the Transcender exams - the fact that it has Microsoft Windows specific questions. Granted, I've only started using Transcender but in my first 250 question test, I had a large number of questions that ask about Windows event logs, how to enable the logs, disable the logs, how to set up authentication on an Windows 2008 server, etc.

I don't care if Windows is referenced in a question, but your ability to correctly answer the question should not depend on knowing Windows admin functions. CISSP is suppose to be vendor agnostic.

Also saw a question that asked how hashing can ensure confidentiality. Yes, CCCure has errors like this too, but this one was pretty bad!
  • zme783zme783 Member Posts: 43 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am using the below:

1) CCURE
    2) Eric Conrad 11th Hour and the practice link of 500 questions Elsevier: conrad: CISSP Study Guide Practice Exams
    3) McGraw Hill McGraw-Hill Education | CISSP Practice Exams

The above 2 links are free and gives you close to 1000 plus free practice tests with explanation.

I have not used transcender.
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The free stuff was enough to get me over the hump:

McGraw-Hill Education | CISSP Practice Exams

I also used the Total Tester that came w/ the AIO.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • ExpectExpect Member Posts: 252 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Transcender by far.
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Thanks all! I will purchase Transcender.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • RobicusRobicus Member Posts: 144 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I agree with Spin Lock-- I see a lot of technical, more hands-on questions; though, I've also seen Linux specific questions as well. Nonetheless, I believe it is safe to assume that these types of questions are not a proper reflection how what is actually on the exam.

However, I am now 2 weeks out from sitting the exam and I'm using Transcender exclusively now. The collective feedback on these boards seem to suggest that Transcender are a great gauge and may even be harder than the actual test. One user recently passed and said two questions were almost word-by-word similar to what he saw on Transcender.
    What's Next? eLearnSecurity's eCIR

MSISE, CISSP, GSE (#202), GSEC, GCIA, GCIH, GPEN, GMON, GCFE, GCCC, GCPM, eJPT, AWS CCP
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I used both, I feel Transcender was way better.
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.