Passed yesterday.

JoshCGrossmanJoshCGrossman Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed yesterday, was a tough exam.

I started by listening to the Shon Harris audio available here (McGraw-Hill Education | CISSP Practice Exams) which gave a good comprehensive background but are quite old.

I then listened to Kelly Handerhan’s videos on Cybrary (Free CISSP Certification Training Class from Cybrary) which are really great! Much more on point and very up to date.

I also went through the Shon Harris AIO book and started but flicked through the official ISC2 CBK book.

In terms of questions, I found the skillset questions a little odd and often they felt a little less relevant. I signed up for 30 days of cccure multiple choice questions (https://www.freepracticetests.org) which I found good and developed my knowledge but were generally easier than the exam. Similarly I did the
Michael Gregg practice questions (CISSP Practice Questions Exam Cram, 3rd Edition | Pearson IT Certification) which I also felt developed my knowledge but were generally easier than the exam.

To my mind, the best questions were the McGraw Hill ones (McGraw-Hill Education | CISSP Practice Exams) and the test at the end of Shon Harris’ AIO make sure you have done lots of easier questions before you do those.

Ultimately, as Kelly says in her videos, this is a less technical and more management exam and whilst there are questions in the exam that will require you to know specific facts, there are also other questions which will require you to apply the facts and come to the best decision. Also, think about how different technologies compare and when/why you would use one over another.

Comments

• Spin LockSpin Lock Member Posts: 142
    Congrats on passing!

And thank you for the detailed write-up. I agree, the MH Quizes are the most difficult of practice exams available.

Some folks have said the MH questions were harder than the actual exam. Do you agree?
  • seigexseigex Member Posts: 105
    Awesome, congrats! Welcome to the club and get that endorsement in.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • papadocpapadoc Member Posts: 154
    Spin Lock wrote: »
    Congrats on passing!

And thank you for the detailed write-up. I agree, the MH Quizes are the most difficult of practice exams available.

Some folks have said the MH questions were harder than the actual exam. Do you agree?

YMMV: but in mine, the MH questions were harder than the actual exam.
  • Robertf969Robertf969 Member Posts: 190
  • papadocpapadoc Member Posts: 154
    Congrats man! Lots of passes here in the past few days.
  • ArchonArchon Member Posts: 183 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I then listened to Kelly Handerhan’s videos on Cybrary (Free CISSP Certification Training Class from Cybrary) which are really great! Much more on point and very up to date.

Congrats.

I've just started watching these vids. Thanks.
  • melvin-fernandesmelvin-fernandes Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations !!!!
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I'm going through Kelly's video's now and let me tell you I really enjoy them. It's nice to get an up to date view on the exam and they stuff she adds is even better considering the goal should be to apply this knowledge in your career. Congrats on the pass!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff