Starting to study 291 !

LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
So, I’ve taken 5 days off since passing 290 and am about to embark on the epic beast that is 291! Which when passed will make me a new and proud MCSA.

My question to you all is what areas do I need to focus on? Which sections of this exam have nasty little bits that the MS press book doesn’t cover? Also looking for any general advice on how to get through this material!

The resources that I will be using:-

MS Press 291 Book
Trancenders Practice Tests
CBT Nuggets Training Videos
Learnkey Training Videos
Technet
Techexams

I currently have a Vmware home lab setup with a 2k3 server and XP client, would you recommend installing a 2nd 2k3 server to test DNS replication and such?

Thanks,

Comments

• geekiegeekie Member Posts: 391
    My question to you all is what areas do I need to focus on?

I got hammered on DNS, DHCP and RRAS when I took the exam. Some subnetting and IPSEC questions too.
    Also looking for any general advice on how to get through this material!

I like to read a chapter of the big blue and then watch a few vidz of the nuggets! Has worked well for me anyway.
    I currently have a Vmware home lab setup with a 2k3 server and XP client, would you recommend installing a 2nd 2k3 server to test DNS replication and such?

Yes, not just for DNS replication. DHCP redundency, RRAS and IAS configuration.
    Up Next : Not sure :o
  • LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
    sToNeDcNuT wrote:
    My question to you all is what areas do I need to focus on?

I got hammered on DNS, DHCP and RRAS when I took the exam. Some subnetting and IPSEC questions too.
    Also looking for any general advice on how to get through this material!

I like to read a chapter of the big blue and then watch a few vidz of the nuggets! Has worked well for me anyway.

Yes, not just for DNS replication. DHCP redundency, RRAS and IAS configuration.

Thanks, best get to work! :D