CEH Passed!

kleecksjkleecksj Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed the CEH about 20 minutes ago. Feels good, but I scored an 80% in just under an hour. I want to celebrate but the damned CRA has me a bit apprehensive. Has anyone ever been audited for a score under 90%? The CRA wouldn't be the end of the world but I want to wash my hands of this and move on to the next.

Edit:

For those interested:

I went through the CBTNuggets Course as well as the Pluralsights CISSP course (not really necessary, but it did over some good complimentary security info - I plan to sit the CISSP in the near-future). This involves setting up a Kali VM and USING the tools that are being taught.

Downloaded the CEH v8 App from AppStore and started drilling it
Started Skillset.com CEH training - which is a pretty sweet website that still needs some work (it's in beta).

Installing, configuring and training with OWASP-BWA (I just setup another VM to host the sites/applications), while reading through the legendary CEH AIO that is often mentioned here.

All in all I took around 8 practice tests with 60+hrs of training/reading/tooling.

Thanks!

Comments

• ArchonArchon Member Posts: 183 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats. I don't think i have seen anyone on here mention they got less than ~mid 90's and got audited.
  • kleecksjkleecksj Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks and thanks for the info.
  • GForce75GForce75 Member Posts: 222
    I took the CHFI test a few days ago and was not and the CEH two weeks prior. 86 on CEH (burned 2.5hrs on purpose) and a 90 on the CHFI and burned 2 hrs on purpose. Good luck on the CISSP. I passed that two weeks ago and actually CEH will actually help quite abit on some of the technical stuff, but beware... it's a manger exam. Project+ helped me on some aspect for the test.
    Doctoral Candidate - BA (33/60hrs) ~ MBA/Project Management ~ BA/Business-IT
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
    GForce75 wrote: »
    I took the CHFI test a few days ago and was not and the CEH two weeks prior. 86 on CEH (burned 2.5hrs on purpose) and a 90 on the CHFI and burned 2 hrs on purpose. Good luck on the CISSP. I passed that two weeks ago and actually CEH will actually help quite abit on some of the technical stuff, but beware... it's a manger exam. Project+ helped me on some aspect for the test.

Thanks for the info! I cannot imaging how you sat there for 2.5 hours... I was so anxious I couldn't slow myself. How does the CHFI stack up to the CEH as far as difficulty/complexity? Considering that one as well. Thanks for the heads up on the management side of the CISSP. Our Senior Analyst has his CISSP and I'm using his knowledge and experience as a guide.

Thanks again, man.

@JojoCal19: Thank you!
  • MickeyMundayMickeyMunday Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats... Im taking my CEH on Monday... Hopefully I can pass as well...
    kleecksj wrote: »
    Thanks for the info! I cannot imaging how you sat there for 2.5 hours... I was so anxious I couldn't slow myself. How does the CHFI stack up to the CEH as far as difficulty/complexity? Considering that one as well. Thanks for the heads up on the management side of the CISSP. Our Senior Analyst has his CISSP and I'm using his knowledge and experience as a guide.

Thanks again, man.

@JojoCal19: Thank you!

Actually, the CHFI exam is much easier than the CEH. It depends on your experience level... but a lot of stuff I read for CISSP fed right into it (legal domain). Basically, I had to study much less for it than the CEH exam. Ya, go for the CISSP. I'm an IT Manager, but I love technical stuff. So I'm trying to do a 360 and a little bit on everything. Gotta get the PMP in soon. When are you looking a taking the CISSP test?
    I'm unclear on when I'll be starting down the CISSP route. My company is in the middle of some massive change, which is going to open up a few more IT Security positions (possible many more...) which is what I'm posturing to candidate for (Currently a Sys. Admin. that works closely with ITSec). Once we get through the unknowns I'll know more about where I fit on the security side.
    kleecksj wrote: »
    I'm unclear on when I'll be starting down the CISSP route. My company is in the middle of some massive change, which is going to open up a few more IT Security positions (possible many more...) which is what I'm posturing to candidate for (Currently a Sys. Admin. that works closely with ITSec). Once we get through the unknowns I'll know more about where I fit on the security side.

No prob! The problem is there is too much to study out there and the certs change. Drives me crazy personally, but it makes us smarter. Upside to security certs is that security can never be outsourced.
  • jensmith592jensmith592 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats Great Job!
  • H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on passing the CEH!, best of luck on the CISSP/CHFI and transition to InfoSec!
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Follow up, because I wish more people would've included this in their threads:

I received my official confirmation today, one week after passing the exam. This may have been expedited by reaching out to EC-Council and telling them the cert was "pertinent to my job". The acceptance e-mail includes credentials to the Aspen portal, which now has my certification information, logos, etc.

Good luck to anyone reading this and taking this cert on. It's a great way to get your feet wet.
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.