CEH passed yesterday

RogueEnigmaRogueEnigma Member Posts: 15 ■■■□□□□□□□
Long time lurker, novice poster here.

I passed the C|EH yesterday with a mid 80's score. My question is that I would like to begin study for the CISSP as soon as possible but I hear the current version is retiring in like a week. Should I just wait for the new material to be released (AIO, Sybex, etc..) or study something else in the meantime?

For those wondering, I read the CEH AIO watched the CBT Nuggets, and did plenty of Google research on NMAP, Wireshark, and Netcat commands.

Cheers

Comments

• thehayn1thehayn1 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    All depends on your length of experience
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • kleecksjkleecksj Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, how long did it take you?
  • gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Did you use Pearson VUE or Prometric?
  • rickberrrickberr Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!!!
  • RogueEnigmaRogueEnigma Member Posts: 15 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thank you for the congratulations. I read the AIO first, which took about a month with off and on reading. I watched the CBT nuggets using the free trial to give my eyes a rest from reading. I wrapped it up using Google searches on NMAP commands, Wireshark examples, and netcat, to name a few. I installed three VM's using an old copy of XP, and Server 2008 and using Kali to try out NMAP and other tools. It took me around a month with this set up to get a decent grasp on things. I bought the Boson exam sim toward the end but didn't use it that much. I also followed advise from this forum, which helped a lot.

To answer the other question, I have been doing IT security type work for a few years now and was a sys admin before that. I realize there are other certs I can go for in the meantime, but the CISSP appeals to me due to the managerial focal point of the exam. I'm also checking out the CISSP forum to see their thoughts.