Options

Cloud Computing Questions in CISSP

kvponkshekvponkshe Member Posts: 25 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello ,
Is the cloud computing is testable in present CiSSP ? If yes...
====in what aspects .. in deep technical or on high level ?
==== what references I one use for the exam ?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    Spin LockSpin Lock Member Posts: 142
    If you are expecting someone who passed the exam to give you a detailed breakdown of how many cloud computing questions they saw on the exam - don't hold your breath. It should be obvious that is prohibited by the NDA.

If that's not what your asking for and just want to know if cloud computing is covered, the answer is yes. Have you reviewed the CIB? That should have been the first place you looked. If you don't know what the CIB is, time to do some research.
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,231 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Everything within the ten domains is testable. There will be a domain refresh effective 15-April-2015 so there could be more or less on cloud computing then :D. When do you plan on taking the exam?

Shon Harris AIO 6th Ed has about three pages on the subject. ISC2 CBK 3rd Ed has about four.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Why limit it to cloud? just asks us what questions we got on the entire test!!icon_lol.gif Read Shon Harris cover to cover and you will have more than enough information to pass the test. Good luck.
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,231 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Why limit it to cloud? just asks us what questions we got on the entire test!!icon_lol.gif

Put all of that in one post? No way! I think there should be a separate thread started for every topic requesting to know what will be asked on that particular section. :D
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    kvponkshekvponkshe Member Posts: 25 ■■■□□□□□□□
    sorry ... My intention was not to get exact questions .i am new to cloud computing ,never had exp on that ,hence asked.... but thanks .I realised form the replies that I need to really work hard..
  • Options
    RobicusRobicus Member Posts: 144 ■■■□□□□□□□
    From my study experiences (haven' taken the test yet), it seems like the main concepts are centered around:

- machine learning (understand knowledge base and inference engine)
    - IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
    - neural network
    - Regulatory and liability concerns with using a third-party cloud provider
    What's Next? eLearnSecurity's eCIR

MSISE, CISSP, GSE (#202), GSEC, GCIA, GCIH, GPEN, GMON, GCFE, GCCC, GCPM, eJPT, AWS CCP
  • Options
    seigexseigex Member Posts: 105
    kvponkshe wrote: »
    sorry ... My intention was not to get exact questions .i am new to cloud computing ,never had exp on that ,hence asked.... but thanks .I realised form the replies that I need to really work hard..

Didn't think it was, I think we're just driving the point across that violation of the NDA is a big deal. The refresh on 4-15 is suppose to update the CBK to be more modern, here's an excerpt from (ISC)2's website:

Refreshed technical content has been added to the Official (ISC)² CISSP CBK to reflect the most current topics in the information security industry today. Some topics have been expanded (e.g., asset security, security assessment and testing), while other topics have been realigned under different domains.

This could have more implication as to including cloud, but it's hard to be sure. The new Official (ISC)2 Study Guide does have the refreshed info in it, so might be a good resource for you to get to know what you're getting into.
  • Options
    voodoo26voodoo26 Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It is so simple to find it out. Take a look at CIB and study Official CISSP Study Guide (my prefer)
    2014 Goals CISSP COLOR=#008000]Passed[/COLOR, 2015 Goals CISM COLOR=#ff0000]June[/COLOR