Taking CSSLP May 4th

philz1982philz1982 Member Posts: 978
Woohoo, I"m a third of the way through my CSSLP book and will be taking my CSSLP on May 4th or sooner.

Comments

• E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Were you born with that book as well? :D
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • philz1982philz1982 Member Posts: 978
    No, I bought this one icon_smile.gif , its sitting on my keyboard tray right now, read 100 pages last night I hope to be thru it by EoW. Its actually a fascinating read and is very easy to digest, if you do anything with software I suggest you read it.
  • jonwinterburnjonwinterburn Member Posts: 161 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Out of interest, what motivated you to study for CSSLP? Do you feel the cert will benefit you in your career? Or was it required by your current employer? I'm interested to learn what drives my peers to pursue CISSP concentrations.
  • seigexseigex Member Posts: 105
    I'm contemplating taking CSSLP too, I'll be interested to get your take on it afterwords. Good luck!
    Out of interest, what motivated you to study for CSSLP? Do you feel the cert will benefit you in your career? Or was it required by your current employer? I'm interested to learn what drives my peers to pursue CISSP concentrations.

I have applied for our Director of Global Product Security and wanted to get the CSSLP to highlight my secure software decision. I actually will probably try to complete it this month so I have it in time for final candidate selection.
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    ISSEP looks really awesome to me...gotta finish the CISSP first I guess haha
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
    You had to go post that eh? Now I've got another cert to add to the list. My pendulum is swinging back from EA to Cyber... I just find Cyber much more interesting and damn do I naturally consume this info fast. The EA stuff wasn't hard it just wasn't interesting but Cyber knowledge I'm eating that like a fat kid at an ice cream buffet.
  • jonwinterburnjonwinterburn Member Posts: 161 ■■■■□□□□□□
    philz1982 wrote: »
    I have applied for our Director of Global Product Security and wanted to get the CSSLP to highlight my secure software decision. I actually will probably try to complete it this month so I have it in time for final candidate selection.

Wow! That looks like a great role, very challenging. Good luck!