New Recertifications Optons from Microsoft (MVA)

[h=3]Introducing Recertification Through Microsoft Virtual Academy[/h] 4TPUEBAZD4B2.jpg

Posted: 2 Apr 2015 by Larry Kaye |

Share this:

We know you have a lot of demands on your time, so we're rolling out a new option to help you keep your certifications current. Now, you can recertify by completing a prescribed path of Microsoft Virtual Academy courses.

Although you can still choose to recertify by passing a recertification exam, recertifying with Microsoft Virtual Academy provides a great way to both maintain your current skills and catch up on advances in your area of expertise, all on your own schedule.

Recertification can now be achieved simply by completing these three steps:
  1. Select the available skills path for your expiring certification.
  2. Pass all of the assessments for each Microsoft Virtual Academy course in the selected path.
  3. Let us know when you've completed your studies, and we'll update your transcript.
If your MCSE: Data Platform or MCSE: Business Intelligence credential is due for recertification, you can take advantage of Recertification Through Microsoft Virtual Academy immediately. We’ll add recertification paths for other MCSE and MCSD certifications over the next year.

To learn more about this recertification option, click here.
Goals for 2015 : Finish BS Network Administration at WGU
Become CCNA, CISSP, CEH, VCP5-10 Certified
Possible Start Masters in Information Security

Comments

• pjd007pjd007 Member Posts: 277 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This sounds good.

I'm not even an MCSE yet and was already not looking forward to re-certifying in a few years time.
  • bohackbohack Member Posts: 114
    The MVA re certification looks to only apply for MCSE developers and MCSE BI. Hopefully they will follow with the MCSE for Server Infrastructure. It looks like Microsoft is trying to get the new technologies Windows 10 and the next versions of server adopted quickly. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

NetworkedMinds - http://www.youtube.com/networkedminds
    MCSA / MCSE Educational Channel
  • chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    I think this is a good way to recertify. Follow all the courses and keep update more frequently! I would want to see MCSA 2012 and MCSE Server Infrastructure soon! I have the 2012 ones for both of them. Would want to upgrade to R2.
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

• srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thanks for posting this. This is great news.
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • nsternster Member Posts: 231
    Q.When will Microsoft Virtual Academy recertification paths be available for other MCSE and MCSD credentials?
    A.Microsoft Virtual Academy recertification paths for other MCSE and MCSD certifications will be made available throughout 2015 and 2016. Watch the MCP Flash newsletter for details, or visit the page for your MCSE or MCSD certification.
  • PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    This is pretty awesome. Something like this almost sways me towards getting more Microsoft certs.
  • srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    CompTIA needs to follow this model. Their CE program and the fees involved are ridiculous.
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • nsternster Member Posts: 231
    Most people don't bother renewing their CompTIA certs, and for good reason, they become useless if you've been progressing throughout your career. Exception would be a requirement such as DoD.