My Sec+ Test

DragonNOA1DragonNOA1 Member Posts: 149 ■■■□□□□□□□
Passed today. It wasn't so bad. It is CompTIA so there were a few poorly worded questions but not a ton like everyone says.

Used Syngress mainly, read it through twice. Skimmed Sybex which sucked IMO. Used certiguide.com and techexams for review. Free-tests.com for some practice tests and a good night sleep helped too. :)

I made sure I was prepared. I don't drive an hour to take the test just to fail. That would be a long drive back. ANYWHO, I DID IT. w00t.
The command line, an elegant weapon for a more civilized age

Comments

• reloadedreloaded Member Posts: 235
    Congrats! Would you have any tips for those of us who are studying for it right now?
    Reloaded~4~Ever
  • DragonNOA1DragonNOA1 Member Posts: 149 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The only thing I can think of right now is that it wasn't too technical. There was a lot of "What is" questions instead of "How do you" kind of questions.

Gotta know your ports, need to know your key sizes for the different algorithms, but besides that it was more general like how do you stop spoofing or what kind of IDS monitors the network (network IDS, duh, lol).

Hopefully that helped a little. I'm done thinking about it for now. I'm sure you understand after 2 or so months of straight studying.
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!

Thanks for the info icon_wink.gif
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • cchampcchamp Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats, so dragon what what your score?
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats dude
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • DragonNOA1DragonNOA1 Member Posts: 149 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I don't know if we can share scores but even if we can I'll just say a pass is a pass. Good luck to any that will be taking it.
  • Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    Scores are fine. Specific test questions are not, though generalities are OK.
  • Vogon PoetVogon Poet Member Posts: 291
    Good job!
    I will be taking the same in 2 weeks. Any info about unexpected topics would be appreciated. I feel pretty confident though.
    I've been tracking down extra info on IPSec and Kerberos, esp. regarding how they work since most books don't go into much detail. Is this overkill?
    No matter how paranoid you are, you're not paranoid enough.