Network + N10-006

mmafsarmmafsar Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi

I am a new member . I just passed my A+ exam. I am working on Network + n10-006. Can anyone here can help me with what books to buy? what sites are best to practice .

thanks,

Afsar

Comments

• tmcgtmcg Banned Posts: 127
    Professor Messer Network + videos, Mike Myers N+ book or Sybex N+ book.
  • mmafsarmmafsar Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Those books also have practice questions at the end of each chapter. Oh and you can use flash cards also. Anytime!
  • FrannakFrannak Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi im new as well, I just booked my N10-005 exam and found out that it retires august this year, now the question is, can I still do the 005 exam or is it better to do the 006 exam what happens after I get my 005 cert? and if so do I have to get the 006 study material seeing theres some changes? Thank you.
    You can stick with 005 as long as you sit the exam before its due to expire, after completion and if you pass you will have the certification for 3 years.

I don't think it matters which exam you sit as long as you study the right material. I have 005 and am not due to renew for 2 years, although I plan to take more comptia certs so this maybe extended. Hope this helps!
  • GForce75GForce75 Member Posts: 222
    The difference could be toughness. I know they made SEC401+ harder than SEC301+.
    Doctoral Candidate - BA (33/60hrs) ~ MBA/Project Management ~ BA/Business-IT
  • Armitron77Armitron77 Member Posts: 134 ■■■□□□□□□□
    mmafsar wrote: »
    Hi

I am a new member . I just passed my A+ exam. I am working on Network + n10-006. Can anyone here can help me with what books to buy? what sites are best to practice .

thanks,

Afsar

The books I highly recommended are the ExamCram CompTIA Network + (N10-005) 4th Edition and the All-In-One CompTIA Network + (N10-005) Exam Guide 5th Edition. The reason being is because the N10-006 books do not come out unit June or July. I am currently studying for the N10-005 exam because it does not expire until August 31, 2015. I'm already more than half way complete studying for the Network + N10-005 exam anyway. Furthermore, please do watch the Professor Messer videos too. Good luck and congrats on passing the A+ exams.
    Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer & Network Security
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management/Cyber Security
    CompTIA A+ Certified | CE, CompTIA Network+ Certified | CE

2016 Goals: CCENT/CCNA Routing & Switching COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR/CompTIA Security+ COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR
  • mmafsarmmafsar Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thank you very much. Do you guys have any comptia coupons that I can use or purchase my exam?
  • jhntbrightjhntbright Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • BlueRozeBlueRoze Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
    To back what GForce said, the Net+ 006 test has quite a bit of information added. I have only seen a few small things disappear. I am switching our cirriculum over to 006 and it will take a few extra days worth of class in order to cover it all. The new test has 10 less questions though, which I thought was interesting.
  • ohans4uohans4u Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Am very new to networking. ... I studied Public Administration but I want to switch my career to computer related field so am considering Network+. I have few questions to ask here:
    * Can I do a personal studies without attending classes in order to pass the exam.
    *Do I need to have an A+ certification before I can sit for N+ exam?
    * What does the future hold for I.T professionals and what are the best career path to follow?