Passed CCNP Routev2 300-101

Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
Took the test this morning, passed with a 967. Must have missed a question or two in Network Principles as that section reported a score of 77%.

Test wasn't too bad. The short questions weren't as complex as I've been seeing in practice exams, but still a lot of trivia.

Most prep was CBT-Nuggets CCNP Routev2, Routev2 hands on labs, Cisco Learning Center labs, CCNP Routing and switching ROUTE 300-101 quick reference. I bought the quick reference hardcopy that covered all 3 tests which came with Pearson practice exam. CBT Nuggets didn't start out with having any practice exams, meant to take one when they finally came out but didn't get a chance.

Comments

• AwesomeGarrettAwesomeGarrett Member Posts: 257
    Congratulations!!! Time to dive right into the next one icon_thumright.gif
  • StussyNzStussyNz Member Posts: 177
    Congrats; I'm also hoping to take this exam in the near future!
  • JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations.
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • paq7512paq7512 Member Posts: 102 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Woot woot congrats!
  • archananairarchananair Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!!
    Well done.
  • roberthockroberthock Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CCNP: Switch [X] Route [ ] Tshoot [ ]
  • DKempeneersDKempeneers Banned Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good job ! I study for 300-101 too
  • GForce75GForce75 Member Posts: 222
    Good job brother! Knock out the rest!
    Doctoral Candidate - BA (33/60hrs) ~ MBA/Project Management ~ BA/Business-IT
  • LevithanLevithan Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Any info on where i could find that quick reference? I have one for the BSicon_redface.gifCI, but its surely not up to date with the new exam.

Just curious, did you study for the 642-902 before and fill in the gaps somehow for the next exam? I failed the 902 in jan and unfortunately missed the deadline, now hoping to somehow fill in the missing gaps for the new test, but dont want to read another 1000 page book!
  • Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Heres a link to help you find the ccnp v2 route 300-101 quick reference icon_wink.gif

lmgtfy.com/
  • GaroGaro Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats!
    could you tell me if there were many questions about bgp?
    thank you!
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    No one can tell you how many questions there are on a certain topic. Check out the exam objectives for a percentage break down courtesy of Cisco though.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • GaroGaro Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    We actually I think he can tell me that, didnt he just pass the exam?
  • Alex90Alex90 Member Posts: 289
    Garo wrote: »
    We actually I think he can tell me that, didnt he just pass the exam?

Can't say I've ever been in an exam and counted the number of questions on each topic tbh...
  • theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Alex90 wrote: »
    Can't say I've ever been in an exam and counted the number of questions on each topic tbh...

I did remember every ticket from TSHOOT for a few days due after the exam, but I couldn't tell you how many questions I got for every topic for other exams, even immediately after the exam. I only tend to remember the topics that I got 2 or 3 questions on or that caused me issues.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Does the material seem like a review of CCNA Route and Switch but more in depth? From the exam objectives they look similar but I haven't purchased a book yet so I don't know for fact. I am deciding between CCNA Security or doing CCNP Route and Switch not sure which path yet to choose.
  • theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Garo wrote: »

I couldn't imagine receiving a CCNP ROUTE exam that didn't cover BGP. BGP had its own section on the previous version. That said, they couldn't tell you because it would violate the NDA.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • jdemarcojdemarco Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Danman32 wrote: »
    Most prep was CBT-Nuggets CCNP Routev2, Routev2 hands on labs, Cisco Learning Center labs, CCNP Routing and switching ROUTE 300-101 quick reference. I bought the quick reference hardcopy that covered all 3 tests which came with Pearson practice exam. CBT Nuggets didn't start out with having any practice exams, meant to take one when they finally came out but didn't get a chance.

Thanks, this is good to know. I have found the OCG to be severely lacking, and the FLG isn't out, yet (?). It's missing certain subjects entirely. I will look into the CBT-Nuggets right away.
  • joetestjoetest Member Posts: 99 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The FLG is on Safaribooks and amazon icon_smile.gif
  • OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□

I can, without violating the NDA.

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/community/certifications/ccnp/route_v2/exam-topics

Oh my, 40% of the exam is L3, who knew? And look! BGP in the objectives!
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []
  • jdemarcojdemarco Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    joetest wrote: »
    The FLG is on Safaribooks and amazon icon_smile.gif

Just saw that; thanks!