Of all the study guides, which is the best?

Cat5Cat5 Member Posts: 297 ■■■□□□□□□□
Between the FLG, the OCG, the quick reference sheets, etc, which has the best information (I know "best" is subjective, but I still want to ask)? I'm planning on getting one as a Kindle edition, so I want to make sure I don't buy a dud.

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    If you're only going to get one I'd go FLG. Especially if you are new to a lot of the material. Don't want to miss out on any of the details.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Cat5Cat5 Member Posts: 297 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Cool. Also, my smartphone is too small to really spend any time on to read this kind of stuff. An iPad is too expensive to just read NP material on. I was thinking of getting an Amazon Kindle. It's not too expensive (compared to an iPad) and I could use it solely to read my digital study guides on. Has anyone used it or something like it to do this with?
  • azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Agreed, smartphones are way too small. If on a budget I'd suggest an android tablet that will take 32GB cards, a lot more versatile than a Kindle reader. 8"/10" good size for reading (with either acrobat or kindle app) and you're also able to watch video training. Or even something like a Dell D420 baby laptop, well past their use-by-date for real use, but light with a decent screen size.
  • jdemarcojdemarco Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If you're only going to get one I'd go FLG. Especially if you are new to a lot of the material. Don't want to miss out on any of the details.

I'd like the FLG, but it's not published till May, according to the site??

I've been using the OCG and I've found it's lacking big time, considering some of the tests I've used online.

e.g.
    There is absolutely nothing on DHCP snooping, PPPoE, HSRP, NetFlow, infrastructure security... barely any config examples. Terrible.

I need to find something else, quickly.
    jdemarco wrote: »
    I'd like the FLG, but it's not published till May, according to the site??

I've been using the OCG and I've found it's lacking big time, considering some of the tests I've used online.

e.g.
    There is absolutely nothing on DHCP snooping, PPPoE, HSRP, NetFlow, infrastructure security... barely any config examples. Terrible.

I need to find something else, quickly.

Isn't this it?
    http://www.amazon.com/Implementing-Switched-Networks-Foundation-Learning/dp/1587206641/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1428672356&sr=8-2&keywords=cisco+300-115+foundation+learning
  • azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thats the book, but scroll down and check the Product Details / Publisher info, now running at May 29...7 weeks + delivery time away.
    Nice. I love it when Cisco creates new tests without material to study it with. As if it caught them by surprise.
  • jdemarcojdemarco Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I had another reply that appears to be pending approval... <sigh>

It seems the three book set is on hold till mid-may, but the individual books can be purchased.

Regardless, the FTG was lame, too.

Some topics - at least per practice exams I've done - are not in either book. I believe they're actually in the new CCNA courses.