801 Exam Results

GeekTechieGeekTechie Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
Took the 801 exam today for the first time, but came close to passing, but not quite-ending up with 511. So, I'm going to use the sheet they gave them with the objectives that I had trouble on. Here's my action plan: I'm going to rewatch Professor Messer videos for the 801 exam covering the objectives that I have weakness in and read and take notes from CompTIA A+ training kit book covering the objectives that I had trouble with as well and use the Exam Cram book for the practice exams as well as using the sheet that I got back from taking the exam to look over my weak areas.

What should I do in my review for the 801 exam to make sure I get it in the bag next time? I'm looking to possible retesting in a few weeks. I also wrote down what gave me trouble on the exam as well.

Comments

• CurchelCurchel Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck!!!! You'll make it next time, I know it!
    I just realized i didn't answer your question. If you don't mind spending the $$ I would suggest buying Comptia's Certmaster. It helped me.
  • GeekTechieGeekTechie Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    @ Curchel, I did check out CertMaster, but it's too pricey for me.
    Try practicing in Quizlet. For me, I couldn't learn the material without practicing answering questions over and over again,,,
    @ Curchel, how can I use Quizlet to study for 801 exam. Do I enter certain terms or keywords from each objective? UPDATE: Nevermind, I'll be adding concepts, pictures, and terms from the A+ textbook that I took in a class for my final semester semester from college last year (already graduated though).
  • Armitron77Armitron77 Member Posts: 134 ■■■□□□□□□□
    GeekTechie wrote: »
    @ Curchel, how can I use Quizlet to study for 801 exam. Do I enter certain terms or keywords from each objective? UPDATE: Nevermind, I'll be adding concepts, pictures, and terms from the A+ textbook that I took in a class for my final semester semester from college last year (already graduated though).

Besides using the ExamCram book, what other books are you currently using? The two books I used was the ExamCram and the All-In-One CompTIA A+ Certification 8th Edition by Mike Meyers. I mainly used the ExamCram book to study from. I used the Mike Meyers book fore reference. Let me know.
    Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer & Network Security
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management/Cyber Security
    CompTIA A+ Certified | CE, CompTIA Network+ Certified | CE

2016 Goals: CCENT/CCNA Routing & Switching COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR/CompTIA Security+ COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR
    @ Armitron77, just using ExamCram and CompTIA Guide To Hardware: Managing, Maintaining, and Troubleshooting for A+, it's the 6th edition and was for my last course that I took at Georgia Piedmont Technical. Quick question: How can I prepare for the simulation parts of the exam? It kind of threw me off at first when I took it for the first time next weekend.
  • Armitron77Armitron77 Member Posts: 134 ■■■□□□□□□□
    GeekTechie wrote: »
    @ Armitron77, just using ExamCram and CompTIA Guide To Hardware: Managing, Maintaining, and Troubleshooting for A+, it's the 6th edition and was for my last course that I took at Georgia Piedmont Technical. Quick question: How can I prepare for the simulation parts of the exam? It kind of threw me off at first when I took it for the first time next weekend.

What I did to prepare for the Performance Base Questions (PBQ) was I purchased the A+ Simulator from Pearson. It's a pretty good program. However, the best way to try to prepare for the PBQ's is to study and read the books as well as hands on experience. Before taking the A+ exams, I already had 10 plus years' experience, which really helps. Do not give up. Stay focus and you will pass. Good luck. icon_thumright.gif
    Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer & Network Security
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management/Cyber Security
    CompTIA A+ Certified | CE, CompTIA Network+ Certified | CE

2016 Goals: CCENT/CCNA Routing & Switching COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR/CompTIA Security+ COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR
  • Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I also failed my first attempt with this certification but sounds like you were 3-4 questions away to passing the exam.

Just as you acknowledge at least you what to expert in the exam next. With the advise given above I would to add that you get a copy of the Exam Objectives it will help you keep track of what's in the exam and help your focus keep relevant to the exam.

All the best with your next attempt!!!
  • SeaRipSeaRip Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    bloodshotbetty created some flash cards from Prof. Messer's definitions and I also found some flash cards for the acronyms. Here's the link to her thread with her links. I am taking my 801 in a week so I am trying to hear/see/read the information in as many ways that I can.

http://www.techexams.net/forums/a/109611-resource-flaschards-801-exam.html

Best of luck to you next time round. I am sure you will pass!