Passed Prince2 Foundation

Red_DragonRed_Dragon Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello,

Passed my test yesterday! Did decent overall, didn't do as well as I wanted but I passed, and that's all that matters. I used the Sybex book which has high reviews right now on Amazon, props to David Hinde on writing such a thorough book, party time! :)
BSIT: Bachelors of Science in Information Technology

Comments

• PremierCiscoPremierCisco Member Posts: 221
    Congrats, Well Done.

Whats next?
    Bachelor of Science in Computer Services Management - Limerick Institute of Technology
    Higher Certificate in Science in Computer Services - Limerick Institute of Technology
    Certificate Information Technology and Computing - The Open University
    Certificate in Computing and Mathematics -The Open University
  • Red_DragonRed_Dragon Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, Well Done.

Whats next?

Thanks bud.

Good question, I'm looking at CAPM. Here's the thing, I'm only getting these certs now so when a management/project coordinator role opens up I'll use these certs to my advantage. I feel like my Forte is being more on the tech/engineering side. I really don't know what's next, however this Microsoft Office 365 Cert really has peaked my interest especially considering every Fortune 500 company will eventually be using Office 365. It's time for me to make a larger leap now, but we''ll see I tend to change my mind often but when I make up my mind it's a done deal.
  • BehrouzkBehrouzk Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats.
    Why don't you go for Practitioner?
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratz! I think the CAPM is the equivolent of the Prince2 Foundation. I agree with Behrouzk, why not go for the practitioner certification?

I know several PM's that went the Prince 2 route instead of the PMI option and they are doing well and as far as I know it hasn't hurt them in their career progression.
  • dylanswartdylanswart Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations.

I agree with looking at CAPM next, it may be the same level as the PRINCE2 foundation, however, it introduces a different aspect of PM, with PRINCE2 you now know the methodology of how to manage a project, however with CAPM you will learn the skills required to be a project manager.

Additionally, if you are looking at moving into the tech/ engineering side, it may well be worth looking at the ITIL Service Management certifications or indeed the TOGAF Enterprise Architecture certifications - All these best practices are complementary and the greater breadth of knowledge you have the more competent you will be as a Project Manager.

Good luck with your choices!
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Red_DragonRed_Dragon Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    dylanswart wrote: »
    Congratulations.

I agree with looking at CAPM next, it may be the same level as the PRINCE2 foundation, however, it introduces a different aspect of PM, with PRINCE2 you now know the methodology of how to manage a project, however with CAPM you will learn the skills required to be a project manager.

Additionally, if you are looking at moving into the tech/ engineering side, it may well be worth looking at the ITIL Service Management certifications or indeed the TOGAF Enterprise Architecture certifications - All these best practices are complementary and the greater breadth of knowledge you have the more competent you will be as a Project Manager.

Good luck with your choices!

I think you hit it on the head, I think service management is the way to go for me. I still decided to go ahead and study for this Office 365 cert, there is a lot of content out there, and the company I'm working for (Fortune 500) will be doing a huge roll-out soon, so it may be beneficial for me to at least have this knowledge.

Thanks for all the congratulations!
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□